Pre-order details have started emerging online for Ubisoft’s upcoming Splinter Cell: Blacklist.
Besides the usual glut of retailer-exclusive DLC items, there’s confirmation of the physical goodies to be found in both the US Collector’s Edition and UK’s Ultimatum Edition, plus an overview of the Wii U specific features.
Splinter Cell: Blacklist is available to pre-order ahead of its release, which begins on August 20 in the US.
In the US, a Collector’s Edition will be available on PC, PS3 and 360. It will include:
- Custom 3-channel, ready to fly dual-engine remote-controlled airplane with a retail value of $150
- 88-page limited edition Splinter Cell Echoes graphic novel, by Eisner-nominated comic book writer Nathan Edmonson and illustrator Marc Laming
- Exclusive Billionaire’s Yacht Co-Op Map: infiltrate a rogue billionaire’s yacht the day after a decadent party in the Coral Sea
- Bonus Upper Echelon Pack with Dead Coast Co-Op Map, Gold Sonar Goggles & Upper Echelon Suit
- Limited Edition Sam Fisher poster
In the UK, the Collector’s Edition is replaced by the Ultimatum Edition, which offers a substantially different haul of merchandise:
- Special-Ops Digital Watch
- Soft Touch Collector Box
- 24 page Splinter Cell Echoes Graphic Novel
- Single and multiplayer coop maps: Dead Coast and Billionaire’s Yacht
- 2 pieces of gear: Gold goggles and Ghost Boots
- 1 suit: Upper Echelon Suit
The Wii U will get just a standard edition in both territories. Its GamePad-specific features include the option to control drones and cameras through the touch-screen device, as well as inventory management and stat-tracking of friends’ progress.
Splinter Cell: Blacklist will be available from August 20. The latest gameplay trailer can be spied just through here, but there’s a Wii U-specific features reel below.