Today is the last day of August, which means I am retiring the Star Wars theme I have used for header images for the majority of the month.
A few instances called for something other than a Star Wars picture, but only on the rare occasion. I have yet to decide what the theme for September will be, but since I will be away from the site for a few days, it will give me ample time to think about it. Don’t worry though: it will delve more into my nerdish interests than you can fathom.
With that said, let’s get you caught up on my shift.
- Euro PS Store Update – Resistance 3 beta opens, Bodycount demo, Homefront
- Dead Island launch trailer released
- XBL Update – Ugly Americans, The Baconing, Rock of Ages, MK Arcade Kollection
- DICE details co-op a bit for Battlefield 3
- Quick Quotes: SWTOR release date “definitely tied to the beta”
- The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall turns 15
- Halo mini-book available exclusively through pre-order at GAME
- Quick Shots: Persona 4: Fighting Edition and The Golden screens
- Fatal Frame spin-off in development for 3DS
- Uncharted Greatest Hits Dual Pack hits the US on September 6
- Robert Bowling provides a walkthrough for Call of Duty XP event
- Resistance 3 dev dairy provides a look at Chimeran weapons
- Wednesday Shorts II: Deus Ex, OnLive, 999, Dragon’s Dogma, Resident Evil ARG
- Rise of the Samurai trailer released for Total War: Shogun 2
- Vivendi reports increased revenues for second-half of FY 2011 thanks to ActiBlizz
- Take-Two being sued for allegedly withholding overtime pay, not allowing breaks
- Quick Quotes: Guillermo del Toro is a huge CoD fan
- Video: Part 2 of Cargo Plane gameplay in Uncharted 3 released
- Howard: Not much of an “MMO guy,” Skyrim bugs with “entertainment value” will stay
- Ubisoft releases “making of” video for Assassin’s Creed Encyclopedia
Sony has updated the European end of the PlayStation Store. The Resistance 3 multiplayer beta is now open for all.
Deep Silver has released the launch trailer for Dead Island.
Xbox Live has been updated with four Arcade titles hitting the service.
Tommy Rydling, junior product manager at DICE, has posted a description of the Exfiltration co-op campaign in Battlefield 3, which was shown at gamescom earlier this month.
The release date is tied to the beta testing, obviously.
This make me feel really old. Still. I love this game dearly.
Microsoft and Titan Publishing will include a mini-book with pre-orders of Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary through retailer GAME, according to an announcement.
Some screenshots for both Persona 4: Fighting Edition and Persona 4: The Golden have popped up. The shots follow up the Persona 4 blowout posted on the site earlier.
Famitsu has revealed that the folks behind Fatal Frame are working on a spin-off for 3DS, titled Shinrei Shashin, which translates into English as Spirit Photo.
Sony has announced that the Uncharted Greatest Hits Dual Pack will launch in the US on September 6.
Infinity Ward’s Robert Bowling is featured in the video posted below the break, giving viewers a walkthrough of what to expect during Activision’s Call of Duty XP event, which takes place in L.A. this weekend.
Sony has posted a developer diary for Resistance 3, which serves as a guide of sorts to Chimeran munitions.
There’s a lot of interesting things of the small variety if you care to take a peek at the shorts.
SEGA and The Creative Assembly have released a video for Rise of the Samurai, the Total War: Shogun 2 DLC slated for September.
Activision Blizzard has been a boon to Vivendi, apparently.
A suit has been filed against Take-Two by a former QA tester, who has accused the firm’s subsidiary, Visual Concepts, of withholding overtime pay and failing to provide appropriate breaks
The director loves playing the single-player in Call of Duty games.
Sony has released a gameplay video for Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception, which shows part two of the direct feed video shown at gamescom.
Todd Howard has said he is not much of an “MMO guy,” and Elder Scrolls games are big enough in and of themselves without venturing into online territory.
Ubisoft has released a video showing the making of the Encyclopedia, available in the Assassin’s Creed: Revelations Animus Edition.
See you next week.