Want to know what happened during the European news day? This is why you should always read this every day. But not with me at the helm tomorrow anyways.
I’ll explain what I meant by that at the botton. First, here is the news.
- Houser brothers make MediaGuardian 100 2011
Rockstar co-founders Dan and Sam Houser beat people as influental as Wikileaks’ Julian Assange to be placed as high as 27th in the MediaGuardian’s 100 2011 list. Big up the Houser and Rockstar missive.
- Mortal Kombat: Legacy wraps up with final episode
One for the Mortal Kombat lot: the end of live-action series Legacy.
- Tekken Hybrid to include playable Tekken Tag Tournament 2 prologue
PS3 exclusive Tekken Hybrid will feature a playable prologue of Tekken Tag Tournament 2, a game which
hasn’t even beenhas been announced for consoles. Think about that for a second. And then you’ll come to your conclusion: gamescom or TGS announce.
- Brazil gets own PlayStation Store, PS Blog
Brazil gets a PlayStation Store. And a Welcome Back pack! Viva la Brazil!
- Public to get first Vita hands-on at Tokyo Game Show
Unless SCEE announces shortly you’re going to be trying it in Cologne, you’ll have your first chance to play Vita at Tokyo Game Show. Word to the wise: Brenna’s going for us this year, the first time we’ve ever done TGS first-hand. She’s excited. We’re excited. You should be too.
- Monday shorts: Tekken Bowl, League of Legends, Asura’s Wrath
Shorty goodness. Shorty goodness for all.
- UK charts: Zumba still going strong, CoJ: The Cartel enters top three
I don’t know what to write anymore on the UK charts besides Zumba is top again. Really.
- Codemasters: GP2 inclusion in F1 “not possible” right now
Don’t expect a GP2 appearance in F1 games anytime soon, Codies’ Stephen Hood has said.
- Take Two COO: “We’re a great investment,” but still opting to remain independent
While the rumours of a buyout still continue to this day following the EA bid three years ago, don’t expect anything to happen with T2 in the near future in terms of a takeover, according to COO Karl Slatoff
- Report – Amazon US suspends 3DS sales
This is due to issues with scratching the 3D screen, apparently.
- Suda, Inafune, Naka sign up with social games network Mobage
Keiji Inafune, Suda 51 and Yuji Naka are all going to make new social games for the service
- BioWare: The Old Republic to “last for decades”
Somewhere in Kentucky, a red-headed woman we call our US News Editor is screaming with glee at the possibilities of this news.
- There will be “a time somewhere at some point in the future” where subs are introduced, says EA Sports chief
Sounds like that Persistant ID thing is a real thing, going by comments made by EA Sports SVP Andrew Wilson to Eurogamer.
- Tekken Tag Tournament 2 confirmed for PS3 next year
What did I say about a gamescom or TGS announce? Scratch that: it’s PS3-only by the looks of it. It’s coming next year.
And that’s your lot from me today. And tomorrow. And the next couple of days, actually. I’m off on a mini pre-gamescom break, where all I am going to be doing is spending countless amounts of time on Fallout 3, watch a ton of movies and eat and sleep a lot. Truly living the dream. Stace will be here with you on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. I’ll be back on Friday, though.
No Steph today means no US News Wrap. She’ll be back tomorrow, though. And that means that’ll be back too.
I’ll leave you with this little ditty: Sigur Rós from 1998. Kisses.