Engadget’s carrying what’s claimed to be a shot of a full-body motion-sensing system for Xbox 360. No shit. There’s a sensor bar, and everything.
Apparently, capabilities include:
- Full body and hand gesture control of games / characters.
- In fighting games you kick, punch, duck, dive, jump and so forth with your body.
- It also picks up small hand gestures like pinching, grabbing and scrolling.
- There will also be video conferencing and games with video.
- Trivia game over the internet with live images of each person playing. When a question pops up, they can clap to buzz in.
- You can “move objects on your screen” and the other party can see what you’re doing in real time.
- Sensor detects only the person playing, not folks observing on the couch.
It’s the future. Now. Hopefully it’s true.