Microsoft is to release a Games For Windows Live client update on Tuesday, April 21.
The mandatory update has been tested with “all released and in-cert GFW-LIVE games with no issues reported”.
Here are the details per Voodoo Extreme:
- Players who are logged onto GFW-LIVE will not be disconnected or otherwise affected when the update hits, unless they are on for more than 8 hours straight during the time when the update launches.
- Users will have to log out of GFW-LIVE and log back in after 2 AM to see the update, which will be mandatory in order to log back onto GFW-LIVE. This will have no effect on Xbox LIVE.
- Live Client for Windows setup has now been localized into 13 languages.
- Games For Windows and Games For Windows Live updates now available via Microsoft Update.
- Miscellaneous bug fixes.
- Support for larger premium downloadable content packages.