Rumour: Namco moves Splatterhouse to Afro Samurai team

By Patrick Garratt, Sunday, 8 February 2009 12:00 GMT

splatterhousea

Following rumour yesterday that Splatterhouse developer BottleRocket had gone bust, Kotaku’s fleshed the story out with talk that the horror reboot’s been moved in-house at Namco.

The game is to be completed by Namco’s Afro Samurai team, according to that piece. Less than ideal if you’re BottleRocket, obviously.

Splatterhouse made an appearance at Comic Con this weekend, making the news even tougher for the Californian developer.

The move essentially means it’s curtains for BottleRocket. Staff are apparently in the process of being paid up.

There’s no news yet on quite why any of this has happened. More next week, probably.

Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.

Comments

Headlines

Afro Samurai

BottleRocket Entertainment

  • Splatterhouse dev, Bottlerocket, shuts its doors

    BottleRocket Entertainment has shut down. Work on the Splatterhouse project was canceled after Namco Bandai dropped the developer earlier this year. “After fighting to keep the doors open for the past six months we have decided to close and move on,” studio president Jay Beard told Kotaku. Beard told the site that he is currently […]

  • Namco puts Splatterhouse staff back to work on title

    Namco has hired 10-20 staff members from BottleRocket to finish development of Splatterhouse. Seems the company opened up a new studio in San Diego and pulled in artists, designers, programmers, producers, and other staff to work alongside the Afro Samurai team. Splatterhouse was yanked from BottleRocket back in March because of “performance issues” and combined […]

Splatterhouse