Tag Archives: Dawn of War II
Wed, Aug 12, 2009 | 16:44 BST
Digital download sites Steam and Direct2Drive have released charts for week ending August 8.
Looks like Dawn of War II led the group over on Steam, with the Aion Collector’s Edition pre-sale still going strong.
Over on D2D, Champions Online preorders have taken over, with Fallout 3 and the Sims 3 still doing well.
Here’s the full thing courtesy of Shack – notice Hearts of Iron III debuted on both charts:
- Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War II
- Aion Collector’s Edition (presale)
- Left 4 Dead
- Hearts Of Iron III
- Counter-Strike: Source
- The Witcher: Enhanced Edition – Director’s Cut
- Red Faction: Guerrilla (presale)
- TrackMania United Forever
- Team Fortress 2
- Champions Online (presale)
- Fallout 3
- The Sims 3
- Hearts of Iron III with Sprite Packs Bundle
- Best of Indie Bundle Vol. 1
- Rise of Flight
- Hearts Of Iron III
- Aion (presale)
- East India Company
- Civilization 4: The Complete Edition
Wed, Jul 29, 2009 | 22:33 BST
Fri, Jul 03, 2009 | 07:29 BST
After a brief delay, the Dawn of War II There is Only War beta is now up, giving players access to the game’s map editor.
There’s a heap of new content too. Hit the link for details.
Thu, Jun 25, 2009 | 10:25 BST
The next major Dawn of War II update will include a full map editor, Kotaku reports.
Called the “World Builder,” it’ll allow you to “create, edit, and play” on your own maps, and allow you to play with terrain, objects, nodes, weather and whatever else you fancy.
There’s more detail and screens through there. No firm date on the download.
Thu, Jun 18, 2009 | 22:20 BST
Relic has announced that There is Only War, the next Dawn of War II update, will go into open beta in July.
It will include balancing, eight multiplayer maps, the ability to “spectate custom multiplayer matches” and some basic improvements.
The beta will be open to all Dawn of War II users and an exact date, along with more announcements, is expected soon.
More through Shack.
Wed, May 13, 2009 | 07:20 BST
Dawn of War II got a whopping patch last night, adding two new maps, 2v2 ranked play, new kill animations and tons more.
Geek yourself out here. The game should patch itself when you start it up.
Sat, May 09, 2009 | 20:37 BST
Relic has released more information regarding the upcoming patch for Dawn of War II.
Patch 1.3 will include new abilities, armor, wargear and weapons
The new scout armor provides a burst of speed to squads facing melee attacks, while new a weapon called the Roar of Revelation, is a shotgun that stuns and causes knockbacks from stealth.
A new sword, Ardent Wrath, dishes out 52 damage-per-second and can stun enemies with a charge attack. There’s also a new ability for the Dreadnaught assault cannon.
Via LA Examiner.
Wed, May 06, 2009 | 11:07 BST
Kotaku’s running some screens of the upcoming new 2v2 maps in Dawn of War II.
The first, Medean Cliff Mines, is built around a central hub. The second, Ruins of Argus, is an urban map offering lots house-to-house fighting.
Take a look. They’re out imminently.
Fri, May 01, 2009 | 20:52 BST
Relic has posted a preliminary list of notes on the Dawn of War II patch coming later this month.
Here are just a few things you can look forward to:
- A Two-on-Two game mode, with two new four player maps.
- Two-on-Two is a ranked game mode with leaderboard support.
- An improved, more challenging Skirmish AI.
- Push to talk voice chat and Company of Heroes style sub-selection options.
- New squad decorators and significant UI improvements.
- A performance test to help measure Dawn of War II performance.
Keep checking the official site for more details because the devs promise more updates soon.
Wed, Apr 15, 2009 | 20:04 BST
A single-player Dawn of War II demo’s gone out – get it from BigDownload.
It’ll got you 333Mb. The game’s also been patched to v1.2.1, for those with the full version. Get the notes through the link.
Thu, Mar 12, 2009 | 21:02 GMT
NPD has compiled a list of America’s top 20 best-selling PC games during February: Lich King won out.
Not much changed month over month, the debuts of Dawn of War II and F.E.A.R. 2 the only real exceptions.
- World Of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King
- The Sims 2 Double Deluxe
- Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War II
- World Of Warcraft: Battle Chest
- F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin
- World Of Warcraft
- The Sims 2 Apartment Life Expansion Pack
- Fallout 3
- World Of Warcraft: Burning Crusade Expansion Pack
- Call Of Duty: World At War
- Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3
- Left 4 Dead
- The Sims 2 Deluxe
- Civilization IV
- The Sims 2 Mansion & Garden Stuff Expansion
- StarCraft Battle Chest
- Spore Creepy & Cute Parts Pack
- Diablo Battle Chest
- The Sims 2 Pets Expansion
Mon, Mar 09, 2009 | 10:24 GMT
It’s a barren, newsless desert out there. So have the review scores from Edge’s 200th issue.
- Resident Evil 5 – 7
- Empire: Total War – 9
- Shellshock 2: Blood Trails – 2
- Afro Samurai – 5
- Stormrise – 4
- Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II – 7
- 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand – 7
- Tom Clancy’s HAWX – 6
- Time Hollow – 6
- Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride – 8
- Resistance Retribution – 6
- Cryostasis – 6
- Puzzle Quest: Galactrix – 7
- Henry Hatsworth in The Puzzling Adventure – 8
Thanks GAF and Blerk.
Mon, Mar 02, 2009 | 18:28 GMT
Dawn of War II has topped by American and British charts in its opening week, pushing down World of Warcraft, The Sims and a European launch for Football Manager 2009.
UK top ten below:
Here‘s the full UK PC chart for the week ending February 28. Top ten US below for February 15-21, courtesy of Shack.
- Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War II / Relic / $49
- World Of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King / Blizzard / $35
- The Sims 2 Double Deluxe / EA Maxis / $19
- The Sims 2 Deluxe / EA Maxis / $3
- Spore / EA Maxis / $41
- World Of Warcraft Battle Chest / Blizzard / $34
- World Of Warcraft / Blizzard / $16
- F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin / Monolith / $49
- The Sims 2 Apartment Life Exp. Pack / EA Maxis / $19
- Crysis Warhead / Crytek / $19
Fri, Feb 20, 2009 | 21:32 GMT
Relic’s confirmed it’s already working on a Dawn of War II patch after complaints that players are being prevented from accepting any new campaign missions in the game.
The RTS sequel released today in Europe and earlier this week in the US.
“The fix should bring those corrupted save games back to life and shouldn’t interfere with unaffected save games in any way,” wrote Relic on the Dawn of War II community site.
Apparently, though, the update will not address the root of those crashes, an out-of-memory error.
Whoops. More on Shacknews.
Tue, Feb 17, 2009 | 18:56 GMT
To celebrate Dawn of War II’s release this Friday, Eurogamer ‘s giving away 500 sets of Wargear.
The site will award 100 per day away to the first readers to log in to get their key.
The DLC encompasses all of the pre-order offers, including the Chapter Command, Destroyer, Sniper, Sternguard and Vanguard.
Keys are all out for today, and because of a technical issue with THQ, the rest have been postponed until next week, starting the February 23.
Full details thought the link.
Wed, Feb 11, 2009 | 12:57 GMT
We normally stay clear of wacky PR “shit”, but this made us laugh.
To celebrate the release of Dawn of War II later this month, THQ built a life-sized Space Marine Rhino – it’s an APC, if you didn’t know – and drove it over some cars in a field.
That’s it. There’s a video of it after the break. More info here. Buy the game on February 20.
Thu, Feb 05, 2009 | 13:27 GMT
THQ’s put Dawn of War II live for pre-load: do it now.
The game goes live on February 20. Pre-loaders will get an unlock code via email at the time.
Get in early and you’ll receive the following exclusive content:
- One multiplayer 1vs1 map, “Legis High Stratum”
- Four new weapons
- Two unique Purity Seals
- One unique chapter “Marauders”
- Four exclusive metallic colors
- Exclusive army painter colours
£35 and it’s yours. Bargain of the century.
Wed, Jan 28, 2009 | 06:38 GMT
As you can see from this Steam page, the Dawn of War II multiplayer beta is now open to everyone.
Up to this point, you needed to be in possession of a copy of Dawn of War add-on Soustorm to get past the guards.
You should be waiting for nothing. Get involved. The game’s out on February 19.
Sat, Jan 24, 2009 | 17:43 GMT
Wed, Jan 21, 2009 | 10:47 GMT
THQ has just dropped us a line announcing that the Dawn of War II early beta – Soulstorm owners only – is now live.
If you meet the criteria and fancy having a go then hit here for all the details.
However, if you don’t own Dawn of War Soulstorm and are too measly to fork out for now that Steam has knocked 75 percent of the price, Eurogamer is giving away beta as of this weekend. Full details of that can be found here.
Through the links with you.
By Mike Bowden