Video: Lords of the Fallen could be the surprise hit RPG of the year

Monday, 28th July 2014 13:11 GMT By Matt Martin

Tomasz Gop introduces gameplay to one of the hottest looking fantasy games of 2014.

Lords of the Fallen, due for release October 31st, is created by Gop (producer on The Witcher 2) and CI Games and leans more heavily towards the action end of the RPG genre.

Check it out in action here, as we play through the catacombs and take on one of the bosses. It’s looking pretty special and we think it’s going to be one of the big surprises of the year.

As well as gameplay footage, Gop also discusses character class, perks, crafting and more.

1. Telepathic.Geometry

I’m really looking forward to this one.

#1 2 months ago
  2. Mike W

@Telepathic.Geometry

Preach

#2 2 months ago
  3. DeVitowned

This gaming season is skullfucking my wallet.

I really hope this game is as good as it looks.

#3 2 months ago
  4. ManuOtaku

It looks really great. I wish it turns great.

#4 2 months ago
  5. adge_uk

I cancelled my pre-order for this at the weekend after watching IGN play it and die repeatedly. It does look like it could be massively hard/frustrating, with so much great stuff coming at the end of 2014 i just don’t think I’ll have the time to commit to this.

#5 2 months ago
  6. The_Red

Now I’m worried.
    Was really hyped for this game.

- Then I saw a bit of dungeon crawling that led to a certain boss. It looked nice and Demons Souls-ish.
    - Then I watched various E3 walkthroughs and ALL of them were the same part of dungeon leading to the same boss.
    - Now with the promise of “brand new gameplay” I clicked and yet again saw the EXACT same thing.

3 different showings during 3 different time periods and ALL of them showing a single, small part of a RPG. That is not a good sign.
    Hopefully I am wrong and the final game lives up to its potential. If not, there is always Bloodborne to look forward to.

#6 2 months ago
  7. Dog4life

Wake up , its from CI GAMES.

this company did only garbage and mediocre games. NO hopes at all for this , sorry.

#7 2 months ago
  8. mineral4r7s

All I saw were slow and clunky movements. I prepare myself for disappointment.

#8 2 months ago
  9. Moonwalker1982

@Dog4life

Yes ok, but the executive producer is the guy behind The Witcher 2. That should mean something….i hope.

#9 2 months ago
  10. jeuxvideo4life

The combat feels too much heavy and lack variety.
    I never saw a good bloody combo so far…the game looks great but i think i’m gonna wait with this one.

#10 2 months ago
  11. JW23

You’re right that the CI did not make the game to be called a blockbuster. But LoF may surprise everyone. If it was actually garbage, did not talk to about it so much good. And from what I read it collects positive feedback. So I think that’s LoF, it turns the game, through which CI will come to another level. I keep my fingers crossed. :)

#11 2 months ago
  12. notojacek

Hi guys, Jacek from CI Games here :) I just wanted to let you know, that we have a new gameplay video. With new location and all ;) You can find it on our facebook page and twitter feed. fb.com/lotfgame and twitter.com/lotfgame

#12 2 months ago