Cliff Bleszinski’s new game is “new take on an old favorite”

Wednesday, 9th July 2014 10:42 GMT By Dave Cook

Boss Key Productions announced its partnership with publisher Nexon for Cliff Blesinzki’s new free-to-play arena shooter. But what is it? Well, Bleszinski himself has shed a small ray of light on whatever codename Bluestreak is.

boss_key

We reported on the Nexon deal here yesterday, and confirmation that Bluestreak is a free arena shooter.

In a press release sent to VG247 today, Bleszinski said of the project, “Creating fun and memorable shooters is in my DNA, and making the move to free-to-play games is all about maximizing the potential audience for your title while embracing where the industry is headed.

“No one knows the free-to-play market better than Nexon, which is why they were the obvious partner to publish BlueStreak. It’s a game and concept I think will really resonate with players who have been clamoring for a new take on an old favorite. After all, I’ve had a year and a half to plan it.”

A new take on an old favourite? Hmm. What do you think this might be? Is it Bleszinski’s ode to Unreal Tournament perhaps?

Let us know what you think below.

1. foofly

So, more of the same?

#1 2 weeks ago
  2. Dave Cook

@foofly maybe not. I’m giving this the benefit of the doubt until I see it.

#2 2 weeks ago
  3. TheWulf

That’s how I feel. I want to see where he goes with this. And if it turns out to be terribad then so be it, but he has a chance to redeem himself, here. As I said, from what I’d read in interviews/twitter, he appears to have had some sort of mid-life crisis that lead to this. :P So, it might actually turn out to be something promising that harks back to better days.

Or… it might be a shameless cash grab. But he could make shameless cash grabs at Epic. I mean, if he makes a shameless cash grab on his own, it has less than 1 per cent the chance to actually see the success or money than if he’d stayed with Epic. So I don’t know. I just want to see if he’s actually going to redeem himself.

I think he’s seen how shallow his past decade was, which is promising, but where’s he going to go from here? I’m intrigued, and cautiously optimistic.

#3 2 weeks ago
  4. harryBundles

you say “more of the same” but when it comes to be you’ll say “i wish it were more like ‘gears of war’”

#4 2 weeks ago
  5. yeoung

And old favourite? I don’t really see Jazz Jackrabbit working as an arena shooter though..

oh..