We love this Mass Effect Frozen Parody “I Should Go”

Sunday, 22nd June 2014 23:21 GMT By Brenna Hillier

The best bit of gaming culture doing the rounds this weekend is a glorious Mass Effect-themed parody of Frozen’s “Let It Go”.

frozen_mass_effect

Called “I Should Go” – of course – the parody was penned by a by a user called geekfitgirl who doesn’t seem to have uploaded any other tracks yet.

According to the track’s description, geekfitgirl doesn’t really take herself seriously as a singer, and uploaded the parody for fun. She’s working on a video to accompany it, and asks you not to use her parody without permission.

Have a listen below. My favourite line is “But report to the ship then we’ll bang, okay?” Classic Shep.

Thanks, The Mary Sue, via our good friend Charp. [image]

1. Luciferous

It might be a parody, but jesus christ, that bit about not coming back caused genuine emotions!

I think once I’m done with a few other games it’s time for a replay of the trilogy.

#1 1 month ago
  2. Brenna Hillier

@Luciferous oh, yeah. The first time I heard this I had to take a minute to learn to cope – again – with the universe as it is.

#2 1 month ago
  3. OrbitMonkey

Y’know i don’t want to go back.

I ended ME3 feeling GOOD. My femshep emptied her clip into the red choice shouting FUCK YOU! with every shot.

Never really got the controversy. “Let it go” is a sentiment some gamers should take to heart eh?

“This game is not my life anywaaaay!”

#3 1 month ago
  4. Luciferous

@Brenna Hillier I made the horrible life choice of having ‘Proud of You’ on a play list of game music on my phone for travelling…

Trying to explain to an elderly couple on a bus why I just broke down was not how i planned to spend a trip to London.

Just the memory of that last conversation with Anderson is enough to un-man me.

#4 1 month ago
  5. a_matuha

@Luciferous
    So true, I get that feeling too. I actually try not to listen to it unless I am feeling strong enough to not get affected by it ))))

#5 1 month ago
  6. Brenna Hillier

@a_matuha @Luciferous maybe we should start a therapy group

#6 1 month ago
  7. TheWulf

Once again, I like you Bren. Heh.

I can see what’s going on, here, and it seems like others got it, too. I was happy with the end of ME3 myself, I provided the Universe with new technologies and knowledges with which they could upgrade themselves, I appreciated the ending as a symbolic representation of a new era.

I was then amused by a number of months by separating the low brow people who fail to understand context and symbolism (the ones screaming about ‘genetic rape,’ who’ve apparently never read a book in their lives), from the ones that did understand this and could happily set the game aside. I was also amused by the groups who had various theories to disprove the obvious paradigm shift, and how desperate they were.

Indoctrination theory was a great ongoing laugh, frankly.

I was further amused by the people, following those, who were then ranting about how the story was really bad for having a twist ending, induced by a paradigm shift, without realising that that literary construct has been about since the dawn of time. And they were just showing their literary ignorance in that they’d spent too much time with watching reality TV and simple-minded soaps, and too little time with books.

And then it all sort of went away. I shrugged and got on with my life. Though apparently some of those people I mentioned above are still out there if this meme is still relevant. Or, perhaps, it’s just that someone was reminiscing on how ridiculous those times were, and they had to make this to remind us all.

In which case, if it is the latter (and I hope it is), then I thank them for the chuckle and the memories.

#7 1 month ago