E3 2014: Complete coverage and opinion on Xbox, PlayStation, Nintendo, EA and Ubi press conferences

Tuesday, 10th June 2014 10:54 GMT By Patrick Garratt

The E3 2014 press conferences are done. Head inside for total coverage and opinion on every major showing.

mgs54

Use the links below to catch up on every headline and announcement from the E3 2014 press conferences.

And get opinion on the showings from our expert team.

Use Steph’s epic “how to watch E3″ guide to keep up to date with the rest of the show!

1. melonbuster1

I want to hear from the Sony guys. . Lol horrible show.. Microsoft played it safe. Nothing but pure games. They have other tricks later. Now Nintendo. . Let’s see if they drop the pad and put in a pro controller and drop the price to 199.99 . Solid games on a whole all around. I can’t wait for the fall.

#1 3 months ago
  2. mark_t50

Out of the two big shows I definately thought Sony was the better, even taking into account the horrible 20 mins they spent on some crappy TV show. Really looking forward to Destiny, The Order 1886, LBP3, Farcry 4, No Man’s Sky, Grim Fandango, ABZU, Mortal Kombat X, GTA V and Batman Arkham Knight.

Microsoft was ok, but had far too much FMV and not enough gameplay for me. Infact I came away only impressed with 2 games, those being ‘Sunset Overdrive’ and ‘Ori and the Blind Forest’. Most others titles were multiplat (So I’ll get them on PS4 or PC) although Assassin’s Creed Unity looked cool. Was really disappointed not to see Forza Horizon 2 actually getting played. The rest were ‘meh’ for me :(

Game of E3 for me is without doubt: No Man’s Sky.

Let’s see what Nintendo brings today, but I’m not getting my hopes up.

#2 3 months ago
  3. orakaa

@melonbuster1 : Horrible show? For Sony? You honestly think Microsoft was better? In essence, Microsoft showed mostly multiplatform games.

The way they presented it might have been different, but in terms of content (as in, you know, the GAMES that will be released), I’ve found more interesting titles that will be released on PS4 (Bloodborne, Uncharted 4, The Order 1886, etc.), and multiplatform games will probably look better on this console.

In terms of exclusivity, both Microsoft and Sony were disappointing, which leaves us with multiplatform games, such as Batman, Assassin’s Creed Unity, etc. To me, third party editors are the winner of this E3

#3 3 months ago
  4. Legendaryboss

Meh all around, Nintendo can’t pick up the pieces (even if they are not doing an e3 conference): Zelda U isn’t a surprise we know they are going to announce more details about it.

#4 3 months ago
  5. Legendaryboss

The only thing that was remotely wowing was the MGS 5: The Phantom Pain E3 trailer.

#5 3 months ago
  6. adge_uk

I didn’t watch either presentation, I kinda kept up with the Microsoft one on Twitter and caught up on here with the Sony one this morning. So I got to avoid the filler and just got a list of games and some trailers to watch.

With that in mind I found the Sony list more impressive, it contains more exclusives and more games that interest me personally.

Of those exclusives Bloodbourne looks amazing, as does Uncharted 4 and The Order. I’ll be keen to play LBP3 and Grim Fandango as well.

Crackdown 3 and Sunset Overdrive look good on the XB1.

And then the rest of the stuff is multiplatform.

I’d have liked some more surprises, but I was really pleased with what I’ve seen thus far.

#6 3 months ago
  7. CyberMarco

Very appropriate for Microsoft’s presentation! :P

#7 3 months ago
  8. Obernox

The Xbox show impressed me… I still don’t want to buy another xbox after the 360 travesty… but damn that show was good.

EA was boring.
    Ubisoft was okay, Aisha wasn’t too annoying this year.

Sony was a disappointment. Vita got shafted again. Only BloodBorne was really the big exclusive reveal.

#8 3 months ago
  9. melonbuster1

To each they’re own. But I have all systems so I will get those gaMes exclusive to each system. 3rd party games I will get for Xbox1 ( better online and all my friends play there ) . But Sony did tv too much for me , like Microsoft the year before. All sony exclusive games come next year , and as far as fmv that was all sony mixed with gameplay. You couldn’t watch sony show without it freezing up I had to switch to 3 different sites to watch it and just gave up and got a huge recap afterwards. But gentleman we will be happy for some time to come because over all the games that are coming are going to rock. We are at our platinum age.

#9 3 months ago
  10. salarta

I don’t see how the Sony show was “horrible” in any way.

The only new, special reveal at Microsoft’s conference was Scalebound. That’s really it. We knew about Halo 5 before, we saw plenty of Sunset Overdrive, and the rest was either multiplat or unimpressive. Sony had Little Big Planet 3 (not my thing but very popular among people), Bloodborne, and Uncharted 4, and a Second Son DLC pack focused on Fetch, all of which were not known until E3 itself.

The only thing that can be said about Microsoft’s conference is that it was both acceptable and much, much better than the one they had last year. Any praise higher than that, and I’m going to assume the person is either a diehard Microsoft/XBox fanboy or someone with such incredibly low expectations that just about anything better than last year would be considered the best thing ever.

#10 3 months ago
  11. KAP

I agree with u bro, Microsoft’s pacing was incredible, but the games shown was mostly 3rd party. Sony’s pressers pace wasn’t as good but overall showed better exclusives I cared about more.

So in my honest opinion I think Sony had a better showing. Im pissed The Last Gaurdian wasn’t even mentioned but we still got Gamescom and TGS to still hope for.

#11 3 months ago
  12. Arcnail

Overall I was disappointed yesterday. Still didn’t see any game that made me want to buy either console, at least right now. Maybe when there’s some more footage/reviews of them, but both platforms failed for me yesterday.

Here’s hoping, (dreaming?) that Nintendo comes out guns a blaring, which I doubt but.. would be nice.

#12 3 months ago
  13. Joe Musashi

I preferred Microsoft’s style of presentation
    I preferred Sony’s content

JM

#13 3 months ago
  14. infernalism

I own a gaming PC, and a PS4. Xbox has one exclusive game (and how long will that last?) that interests me, and that is Remedy’s Quantum Break. I’m not buying a console for that, especially since no gameplay was really shown for that title, and it was a no show at E3. Uncharted, Bloodborne, Infamous are already beating MS in my book. Titanfalls, Dead Risings etc. I can get on PC, and I couldn’t give less of a f**k about Halo, than I already do.
    Fable, Forza (there is a shitload of driving games on the market right now, and a few are due to come out very soon anyway).

Microsoft failed to sell me their console yesterday (and I can afford spending £350 for it if the situation demands it), and Sony made me feel good about already owning their current gen hardware with Bloodborne and Uncharted 4, with The Order 1886 being interesting, though not a system seller in any way. Not to mention Grim Fandango.

#14 3 months ago
  15. Gheritt White

@salarta Um… how about Phantom Dust? That pretty much came out of nowhere. Crackdown 3 and Inside were new, too.

#15 3 months ago
  16. Seventizz

Microsoft won – hands down.

#16 3 months ago
  17. mr_krunchi

@15 Exactly. There were some very surprising games Microsoft announced. But then again, you have to have grown up on an Xbox to realize some of them. Hands down, my favorite announcement was Phantom Dust because that’s one game I enjoyed so much on the original Xbox.

It doesn’t only factor in what games and genres people like to play, but how their experience was with past generations of consoles. I can see why some people are rating the shows between Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo, but that’s not really what it should be about. It should be what hits closest to home and interests. However, I’m always down to buy all of the consoles if there is something I want to play.

#17 3 months ago