PS4 exclusive The Order: 1886 delayed into 2015

Tuesday, 27th May 2014 14:22 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Sony has announced PlayStation 4 exclusive The Order: 1886 has been delayed into 2015.

The news was first revealed during a pre-E3 Sony event, where Ready at Dawn boss Ru Weerasuriya said the delay will provide ample time to make sure the game is high quality release.

Originally set for release around Christmas 2014, Weerasuriya, said the team had “an open discussion” with Sony and both parties agreed it needed extra development time.

“We have an open discussion with Sony all the time,” Weerasuriya told Eurogamer at the event. “We said, ‘Look, we can achieve the quality you expect everywhere, but delivering on this is going to take a few more months.

“It’s not that long. It’s worth it if we can deliver on the promise we made. We’ve known Sony for long enough that there is a very easy conversation that goes on.”

The Order: 1886 is now planned for an early 2015 release.

1. jos3moreira

Another one?? Great -_-’
    2014 will be known as the year of remastered and delayed games.

#1 7 months ago
  2. grizzlycake

Sooooooooooooooo, the only games Sony will publish for PS4 this year is DriveClub and inFamous?

#2 7 months ago
  3. Legendaryboss

@jos3moreira Exactly what i have been saying! So +10.

Topic: The insiders were right twice (even if they said February), so now both Sony & MS have delayed their fall game. However, MS did it in the most sneakiest fashion! Which reminds me, Quantum Break might be next.

Box Art.

#3 7 months ago
  4. undermyrules

called it hahah…downgrades inbound

#4 7 months ago
  5. Mike W

Great, another one bites the dust. This has to be due to the backlash they got for releasing the video they showed on Twitch.

I guess we can thank the whiny bitchy gamers for this outcome, calling a game generic that they didn’t even play yet.

#5 7 months ago
  6. Legendaryboss

@grizzlycake Your missing two more games and wait for E3.

#6 7 months ago
  7. Mike W

So now we have the Order:1886, Dying Light, the Witcher 3, The Division and maybe Quantum Break all being delayed into next year.

Great, absolutely great. :-|

#7 7 months ago
  8. Moonwalker1982

@Legendaryboss Well to be fair…they never did say it was Halo 5 though. :)

#8 7 months ago
  9. Dark

Destiny or Batman , one of them is next.

#9 7 months ago
  10. Panthro

What I immediately thought of.

#10 7 months ago
  11. Legendaryboss

@Moonwalker1982
    Thats why i said they did it in the sneakiest fashion.

@Dark
    Batman has more chance then Destiny.

#11 7 months ago
  12. Legendaryboss

@Panthro Brillant!

#12 7 months ago
  13. lexph3re

I’m cool with this, this helps me to flew my new gaming budget/plan out even better. I actually appreciate them pushing it back. Pre-ordering is becoming my main thing now and by the time this does release it’ll be paid in full.

#13 7 months ago
  14. Rat

Good ! I have so many games to play this year excluding Next-Gen titles !!!!

#14 7 months ago
  15. Panthro

The Evil Within has just been delayed to.

HA!

#15 7 months ago
  16. jomac3db

See what u started ubisoft. Smh. I’m really starting to think next gen came too early

#16 7 months ago
  17. Mike W

@Panthro

Yea I know, probably because of the backlash it got from PAX East. But at least that’s until October and not next year.

#17 7 months ago
  18. _LarZen_

I got so many games to play I’m glad they delayed it. Gives me time to finish a few games and the developers time to polish it more.

#18 7 months ago
  19. fearmonkey

Doesnt bother me really, would much rather have a super polished game enxt year. 2015 is going to be one heck of a year though.

#19 7 months ago
  20. Hcw87

So, what to play on PS4 this year? MS has Halo 5 (or Halo 1+2+3+4 anniversary editions OR both), Sony needs to counter that.

They sure as hell won’t get as smooth a ride through E3 as last year. Announce Uncharted or Last Guardian though, and they might.

#20 7 months ago
  21. dazedonthemoon

@Hcw87
    Halo 5 will be early 2015 as well. I bet all the marbles! No way it a coming out in 2014. The HD collection will mos def.

Also did anyone not expect the delay? I knew it was gonna happen, just waited for the announcement. This will definitely help my wallet out, too many Fall games coming out that I want anyway. Good news IMO.

#21 7 months ago
  22. Hcw87

I don’t get how this can be good news. Both consoles needs some exclusives, as they haven’t really had any stand-out games yet.

Can’t rely on multiplats all the time, PC is the best place to play them anyway.

#22 7 months ago
  23. super3001

lol delaystation

#23 7 months ago
  24. ManuOtaku

Perhaps this might help wiiu a little bit, but its really sad to own a next gen console without that many games.
    The Great thing is that i have yet to play south park stick of truth, the witch and hundred knights, ff x hd, and all the recent last gen released games, and some wii u games as well, so no biggy then.
    Thats The advantadge of owning multi consoles.

#24 7 months ago