Half-Life 3 is being worked on & Left 4 Dead 3 looks great, says Counter-Strike creator

Friday, 23rd May 2014 10:25 GMT By Dave Cook

Half-Life 3 is being worked on as you read this and Left 4 Dead 3 is looking great, according to Counter-Strike co-creator Minh Le. Hot damn.

Speaking of Half-Life, it’s one of eight games Mike Irving included in his list of games he wants to see remastered for next-gen formats. Yes, we’re aware Black Mesa exists, but it’s not out on consoles is it?

The new Valve chatter all went down in this Twitch interview between Le and goRGNtv. It kicks off at 33 minutes, 55 seconds.

Watch live video from goRGNtv on TwitchTV

When asked about Half-Life 3, Le replied, “There’s like a laser sight on my head right now! I don’t think I can talk about that, to be honest, but I think it’s kind of public knowledge, that people know that it is being worked on. And so if I were to say that yeah, I’ve seen some images, like some concept art of it, that wouldn’t be big news to be honest.

“But yeah, I mean like I guess I could say that I did see something that looked kinda like in the Half-Life universe. And I mean it wouldn’t surprise anyone if I said they’re doing it, they’re working on it, yeah. So to go on a limb I’d say I did see some concept art for Half-Life 3.

“Somebody’s knocking on my door right now!” he later said. “Hopefully that doesn’t get out. It seems like old news by now, I think everybody knows it’s being worked on.”

On Left 4 Dead 3 Le went on, “I saw it, it looks great. I was really excited when I saw that, I was like ‘wow, this looks great’. Because I really enjoyed Left 4 Dead, it was just one of those games that really just changed the industry. I think at the time there wasn’t many good co-op games, so yeah, this is a great co-op game.”

How are your hype levels feeling right now? Be honest.

Via OXM.

1. DjCowHerder

IT’S HAPPENING!!! *Happening intensifies*

#1 2 months ago
  2. Joe Musashi

LORD GABEN BE PRAISED!!

JM

#2 2 months ago
  3. Mike

Half Life – whatever. L4D3 – yes please!

#3 2 months ago
  4. Patrick Garratt

Freaking jeepers.

#4 2 months ago
  5. Doc Robotnik

This is probably the worst kept secret in the industry, so hype is basically where it was before this interview.

A release date, a trailer, something tangible would be exciting.

#5 2 months ago
  6. Dave Cook

@Doc Robotnik Must you live so relentlessly in the real world?

#6 2 months ago
  7. Panthro

I bet when Steam begins accepting Half Life 3 pre-orders it crashes on the same magnitude of the first day of a winter/summer sale.

Ive played every piece of official Half Life that there is at this point and whenever I think of ep. 2′s cliffhanger along with all the mentions of Aperture Science and The Borealis it makes me sick with jealousy that some people (Valve Employees) know how the story unfolds and I have been left hanging for this long.

#7 2 months ago
  8. Arnvidr

Could be Episode 3?

#8 2 months ago
  9. Doc Robotnik

Sorry Dave, far be it from me to spoil your excitement ;)

Go ahead, get hype.

And @8, it’s HL3, not episode 3.

#9 2 months ago
  10. Ekona

So he’s seen some concept art? Wow. How surprising.

#10 2 months ago
  11. Dave Cook

@Doc Robotnik :D

#11 2 months ago
  12. polygem

Uh Baby Baby, Uh Baby Baby…

#12 2 months ago
  13. YoungZer0

Wow, I’m surprised that people actually care.

#13 2 months ago
  14. tokman

I’m saving myself for HL4..!!

#14 2 months ago
  15. AmiralPatate

How is it possible that nobody said “Half-Life 3 confirmed”? Internet I’m disappoint.

#15 2 months ago
  16. JustHoldOnIGotThis009

@AmiralPatate Half life 3 confirmed!!!!! Better? :P

#16 2 months ago
  17. super3001

l4d3 xbox exclusive please.

#17 2 months ago
  18. Erthazus

@YoungZer0 People care? Half-Life is the best singleplayer FPS on the planet. Of course everyone cares.

#18 2 months ago
  19. Obernox

He be trollin’.

#19 2 months ago
  20. SinfulKnight

I hate those stupid confirmed jokes but I made one for the first time yesterday watching the IGN video about the new classes in Evolve and now this is happening. Maybe all it needed was me to believe. Who wants a sequel to something, I’ll believe it into reality.

#20 2 months ago
  21. unknown_gamer

@ super3001 一_一”

#21 2 months ago
  22. DuckOfDestiny

How is this news?

This is something that’s been said before, years ago, in fact I even think Lord Gaben himself once said so.

The only news that needs to be covered on Half-Life 3 is when someones it’s either in development and close to release, or Valve have ditched the project.

All this hype and frustration, we’re doing it to ourselves.

#22 2 months ago
  23. Panthro

@YoungZer0

I too, am surprised people care about one of the biggest franchises in gaming.

#23 2 months ago
  24. budoshi

i ‘ll believe it when i see it.

#24 2 months ago
  25. FBSKing

¡Great!, i love this franchise ¡¡Yeeeeeeeaaaahhhhhh!!, i can´t wait, this make me feel like child again, im going to see childish things; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqsdCjotdzk to prepare myself to feel what I felt with the first one ;)

#25 2 months ago
  26. Agt_Pendergast

Not getting my hopes up till I see actual gameplay.

#26 2 months ago
  27. bitsnark

This is brilliant news!

I can’t wait to be playing a bit of Half-Life 3 while Shenmue 3 installs on my PS4! :D

#27 2 months ago