Watch 6 stomach-churning Outlast: Whistleblower horror movies

Friday, 16th May 2014 13:26 GMT By Matt Martin

Outlast is brutal. Outlast is nasty. Outlast is about as subtle as kick to the groin from Satan’s cloven hoof.

Outlast_ps4

Here are five of the grossest moments from the DLC expansion Outlast: Whistleblower.

WARNING: Spoilers and obviously deeply unpleasant content below.

1. This is how the game pretty much starts. It’s not bloody but, hang on, what is he do… urgh! Violation!

2. Maybe one more time just to be sure?

3. Knock knock.

4. It’s enough to put you off your dinner.

5. Well, that’s a very close bromance.

6. Hey, we all get the urge at inappropriate times. But over a dead body – WHAT THE ALMIGHTY FUCK?

1. CyberMarco

Sorry for off-topic, someone is streaming Watch_Dogs on PS4 on Twitch.

#1 2 months ago
  2. Patrick Garratt

Already closed down!

#2 2 months ago
  3. sakebomb

Maybe I’m getting old or played too many horror games already… this footage didn’t intrigue me. Seems the game is looking for shock value. Maybe there’s good game play? Puzzles, combat? I’d like to see that.

#3 2 months ago
  4. marporte

@sakebomb I would say the whole pitch to this is the entire game is cat and mouse. You can’t fight and your using stealth and cover as your tools the entire way. There is the “find the key” but it involves you looking in dark areas and avoiding people who could easily one shot kill you. I would say this game is more about building tension VS daylight which is pure shock.

#4 2 months ago
  5. DeVitowned

Purely my opinion, I know, but I felt Whistleblower was much greater an experience than the main campaign. Perfectly paced, less chore-y, much more disturbing and personal. Well worth the money.

The sequel has some shoes to fill, but has me curious enough to want to see if it fits.

#5 2 months ago
  6. Matt Martin

@DeVitowened Yeah, I’m enjoying Whistleblower more than Outlast (which I really liked). They must be doing something right, I’m up for any sequel.

#6 2 months ago