The Vita TV can now remote play PS4 games

Friday, 16th May 2014 13:04 GMT By Dave Owen

The PS Vita has long been a reliable companion to the PS4 by letting you play its games remotely. Now a Japanese firmware patch means that PS4 games can be streamed straight to Vita TV.

Kotaku has a video of the new feature in action.

The Vita TV is only available in Asia, and acts as a miniature console that enables you to play Vita games on your HD telly, via a Dualshock 3 or 4. Now it can be wirelessly connected to a PS4 so that its games can be played remotely on any TV in the house.

The PlayStation Vita TV has been out in Japan since November last year, and as of yet there’s no sign of it making the journey west.

1. silkvg247

It makes me want one all the more, but it isn’t compatible with my hands; and Sony don’t seem to give a shit.

#1 2 months ago
  2. silkvg247

Speaking of which, how come there’s been no news story on the fact that 20% of users are experiencing their ps4 controllers having the rubber grip tear?

Has happened to me too and have written to them giving a clear explanation as to why, but got ignored. It’s because as usual the “designed for an average white male” controller can’t be held properly by small hands.. wasn’t so bad on ps3 and could buy a smaller controller anyhow.. but the ps4? Your thumbs (because they are on the edges of the sticks) just slide off every damn 5 minutes. It causes severe gameplay issues when you just want to walk in one direction for more than 30s.. and it also is what eventually causes the tearing (that’s why it’s always happening in the EXACT same spot)

Sony.. wish they’d sort this shit out. Bad enough that their handhelds cause my hands to spasm in 5 minutes, but now a 50 quid controller just breaks when I try my best to use it?

#2 2 months ago
  3. silkvg247

*5 Minutes should have read 5 seconds.

#3 2 months ago
  4. Matt Martin

I don’t know about rubber grip tearing but my top shoulder buttons stick all the time.

#4 2 months ago
  5. Rat

It’s ps vita TV people ! it’s not handheld . you can use your DS4

#5 2 months ago
  6. Spider Law

@Matt Martin yeah, i dont have the rubber grip issue on either of my controllers (which get used by me, my wife, my 13 year old boy, my 12 year old boy, my 7 year old girl, And my 11 month old baby (He like to mess with the thumb sticks lol) on a daily basis) but i too have experienced my Right bumper sticking on one of the controllers. Happened to my DS3 too though, my newest blue one….weird.

#6 2 months ago
  7. silkvg247

@Rat shit.. so I can play them full screen with a DS3? *geekasm* that’s awesome.. are they gonna bring it out here though? It says there’s no sign but why not damn it? Being able to play ps vita games on my mini ps3 controller would be awesome.

#7 2 months ago
  8. ddtd

@silkvg247 I think they need a DS4

#8 2 months ago
  9. silkvg247

Back to square 1 then.. DS4 is horrid for small hands. Also GRR AT THAT FUCKING COD AD!

#9 2 months ago
  10. sebastien rivas

Sweet! Sweet! sweet!

By the power of developersssssss, you shall be virtually indispensable Vita in your owners bathroom and under the cover sheets.

And another major success….

Nicely play,
    Now pull more titles or adapt more title to vita too.

#10 2 months ago