Thursday, 8th May 2014 11:04 GMT By Dave Cook

Nintendo president Satoru Iwata has revealed in a new interview that his firm will release new consoles and devices in emerging markets in 2015.

satoru_iwata

It follows the reveal of Nintendo’s new NFC device for 3DS, a peripheral that enables gamers to scan action figures into their handheld, then transfer them to Wii U.

Now, speaking with Bloomberg, Iwata said of the new devices, “We want to make new things, with new thinking rather than a cheaper version of what we currently have. The product and price balance must be made from scratch.”

Iwata also reiterated his stance to maintain distance between Nintendo and the smartphone space, saying, “The smartphone market is probably more competitive than the console business. We have had a console business for 30 years, and I don’t think we can just transfer that over onto a smartphone model.”

It follows the posting of Nintendo’s full-year financial report, which revealed less-than-expected results from the firm.

We’ll have more on Nintendo’s hardware plans as it happens.

1. Luciferous

More consoles that no one will buy because of a lack of games? Come on Nintendo, don’t spread yourself out too thin, I like my gaming toast with a thick layer of jam on it! Give me a good reason to buy a Wii U and I will.

#1 4 months ago
  2. ManuOtaku

I hope the new consoles dont launch in 2015, they need to support WiiU more, with more games and added things like the NFC figurines, show gamers that WiiU is worth getting just because it has good games. Right now is building a good list of games, but it needs more nintendo titles.
    Also Give and incentive, for every new person purchasing a wiiu give 100 back catalog games free, from the NES and SNES era.
    Therefore Implement new things that improve the experience and the worth of WiiU, then release new consoles.
    Now If both consoles are integrated (Handheld – home console, it will be difficult to launch, because the 3Ds is doing good, so releasing a new integrated console might hurt the 3ds.

#2 4 months ago
  3. ij 44

Please stop using that photo, it appears in my inbox every time nintendo does something and I don’t like it.

#3 4 months ago
  4. fearmonkey

That has to sting a bit if your a Wii-u fan. New hardware means the support of the old console will probably be diminishing if not stopping this year. The Wii-u hasnt even done as well as the Dreamcast or the gamecube in the same amount of time.

I have noticed that I haven’t seen much of the regular Nintendo defenders in these articles lately, I feel for them. They love the console and it’s sad to see it not get the respect or attention it should have. I felt the same way about my beloved Dreamcast.

#4 4 months ago
  5. ManuOtaku

@fearmonkey after the constant, procedural, and systematic hunts and attacks, we were leaving the site, or not bothered to post, i see OG, for time to time on other topics. not that i did feel it personally, but the other guys felt it quite hard.
    Now I try to comeback, because my smartphone allow me to post at work, hardly working, because my access was filtered since 2013. So i will try my best, hoping for not personal attacks.

#5 4 months ago
  6. Legendaryboss

“Nintendo to release new consoles & devices in emerging markets through 2015, says Iwata”
    Am i missing something? Surely this is not going to happen so soon? If so this is going to teach Nintendo a lesson.

Even though they stated it, i still can’t believe it.

#6 4 months ago
  7. ManuOtaku

@fearmonkey Also thanks for comparing the wiiu with the dreamcast, it was a great consoles and great games, i do not think wiiu is that great, but is good nontheless, i believe is worth getting it, and with each new game release adds another worthy reason.
    Personally If i have to compare it it will be N64 or the first xbox.

#7 4 months ago
  8. ManuOtaku

@ManuOtaku i do own a dreamcast and on retro fridays, i fire it up. Again great system, i hope sega comeback to the fray.

#8 4 months ago
  9. Dragon

For just a second, I thought Iwata and co. had received a shipment of brains, with the announcement of NFC 3DS, but nope.
    Seriously, don’t they have eyes to see why Sony rules in all developing “free” markets, like India, SE Asia and so on? Why Sony consoles get longer support than the competition? Simple, they make their last gen consoles the main focus in those countries. Happened with ps2 when ps3 came,happening with ps3 when ps4 came. No need for separate hardware.

@fearmonkey,
    We don’t need fanboys on the site for any side. Doesn’t it feel better this way?

#9 4 months ago
  10. Dragon

And of course, not to mention, the shitty treatment ninty gives to anyone outside europe, us and japan. Ninty doesn’t even have a meaningful presence in other countries, with games priced more than what us,uk etc. pays.
    Also, who will make games for “new consoles”? No one. Absolutely no one. Not for something not aimed at big gaming markets (and made by ninty).
    So, yeah, Iwata, give me some sake you are drinking. Seems to be strong stuff.

#10 4 months ago
  11. unknown_gamer

Nintendo will merge with Sony on the next console , i’m calling it right now
    I think Sony will take the marketing part

#11 4 months ago
  12. ManuOtaku

@Dragon Sorry but I dont agree, first we can have everyones opinion, fans, trolls, defenders, etc, as long as they dont insult, hunt, or attack a commenter or an opinion, and or if they behave properly with respect. On some occasions trolls have very interesting points that are lost in the trollines, but that can give some assertion in a topic. Everyone and everybody should post here.
    Second, he did mention nintendo defenders, you call them, us, fanboys, which demostrates that this is based on perception and in the notion about in the eye of the beholder. Therefore it is not for one person to make the call on who can post or who cant based on a label that is established so lightly and that depends on subjectives
    Like I said there are rules here, if they dont broke it they can post all they want. As much as anyone.

#12 4 months ago
  13. Holotus

Companies will just stop trusting Nintendo. What incentive do they have to makes games for their next console? Nintendo could barely get publishers to make games for the Wii U…. let alone another console by next year? May god have mercy on their souls.

#13 4 months ago
  14. ManuOtaku

@Holotus , agree to some extent, however there are also developers that have a hard time finding publishers, like platinum with bayonetta, this situation of companies not trusting others is everywhere on the industry, even with a good franchise and a solid track record like platinum, the good thing is that nintendo rescue it by publishing it, therefore they can help each other, the thing is nintendo have to reach those developers in order to help each other, if nintendo go for something like kickstarter and if they help those developers, or developers in the same situation they can improve that image. I dont know why they dont do it more often, because this can really help them.

#14 4 months ago
  15. Joe Musashi

Some people sure do like to play the victim card whilst telling others what they can and can’t express.

JM

#15 4 months ago
  16. ManuOtaku

@Joe Musashi its a two player game, for a victim, it has to be and abuser, i prefer to be the victim, that way i only hurt myself, unlike the abuser that hurts other people, and they feel good about it
    Also there is a pattern here, the same label was applied to other poster here, that which may surprise is a nintendo follower.
    Maybe iam telling him what to do, but at least i do it without labels, name callings, pretending he is not there, or with an insulting tone, like others do. Also iam not telling him/Her not to post, like he/ she seems to be happy for some posters not posting here anymore, just dont put labels on people, that way we cannot have a healthy community here, what you sow is what you reap, treat others with respect and you will receive respect.

#16 4 months ago
  17. Joe Musashi

No, a victim makes a point of presenting themselves as a victim irrespective of the actions of others. Positioning themselves a put-upon, targetted or otherwise downtrodden in order to assert their opinions have extra credence. It also pushes the notion that those in disagreement of the victim’s views only do so in order to be oppressive and contrary. Such a ploy is a mechanism to de-value the opinions of others by implying they are insincere and merely reactionary.

The victim-act has a tendancy to backfire spectacularly.

JM

#17 4 months ago
  18. Joe Musashi

I’d also remind you of your aggressive, (over)reactionary outburst from roughly 24 hours ago.

You were happy to repeatedly harass, be disrespectful and move an on-topic discussion to personal snipes with absolutely no provocation. If you find such behaviour unsavoury I suggest you refrain from practicing it.

Semantics and play-acting are tiresome and wholly unconvincing bullshit. If people want to be over-sensitive platform-loyalist fanboys that are offended when their brand of choice receives criticism from faceless nobodies on the internet to the extent that they simply have to jump up and defend the brand at least be honest about it.

The abuser/victim act didn’t work at all for the last guy that tried it.

JM

#18 4 months ago
  19. Joe Musashi

You know what, I’ve seen this self-justification for treating others like dirt whilst yourself extra credit for doing so nonsense before.

It’s terribly familiar.

JM

#19 4 months ago
  20. ManuOtaku

@Joe Musashi in yesterday thread i did respond your comment, you did respond mine, then when i did respond it , you resorted with an implication of a hidden mind problem, i didnt threw the first stone, you did, if i was disrespectfull, is because you were to me, again give respect to get it, earn it.

For Todays post, again i didnt disrespect him or did a tell him to not post, like he clearly indicated being happy for the fanboys not posting more. What i did is say stop puting labels on people, which they have a long history here, like the victim label, nintendo Defenders, nintendo fanboys, trolls, etc.
    If This issue havent had a repeating history, and a systematical procedure against some posters, to the point of leaving the site, probably i wouldnt have an issue, the thing is that it seems some people that want the site clear of people that follows or state good things over nintendo.
    Some personal Believes like nintendo magic, were and are being mocked over to exhaustion and arrasment, just for some posters believing and being happy believing that.
    And For those things are a bunch of others,being kiddy, etc, so it is an accumulative problem, not just this posts here, there is a long history, that whoever may had started it you seem to not let it go and keep going at it, or Defend the people that does it, like in this case.
    Like I said you sow what you reap, you guys didnt gave respect, with the constant hunt, i know we made our part, but dont pretend you didnt have any fault. For a dance it takes two.

#20 4 months ago
  21. ManuOtaku

And of course is repetitive, if you treat different people in the same way, with labels and all that, you will get the same results, for diffetent results do things differently and they will certainly and indisputably will change

#21 4 months ago
  22. polygem

@ManuOtaku
    I just saw that you returned. Hi man, hope you are well. A lot of things have changed while you´ve been away. To me personally, this site is pretty much dead now. Don´t even start this stuff with Joe and the crew. It´s just pointless. You will only waste a lot of your time, just as i did. I was hoping for the staff to fix this crap but nothing happened at all. I gave up on that now. To a huge degree it is indeed Patricks fault. Patrick must fix it but he has chosen to make Dragon and Legendary Boss mods. :P It´s either sad or funny, depends on the perspective. Maybe it´s both. In my peronal opinion this situation is beyond crazy and highly unprofessional. I still can´t believe it tbh. The fact that Joe is allowed to continue with his trash on here – still – after years of poisoning the community – is just unbelieveable.

#22 4 months ago
  23. Legendaryboss

Joe’s responses have no relation/bearing to me.

- Every time you take your “leave” you come back in a shorter timeframe than before.

#23 4 months ago
  24. polygem

@Legendaryboss

Joe, you and Dragon have a relation. Big time. If you can´t see that, again, that´s indeed part of the problem if you ask me.

If i want to say Hi to Manu i say Hi to Manu. I don´t want to discuss all this again though with either you, Joe or Dragon. You made it clear again last time, by closing the thread, that you are not interested in fixing existing issues, You have never been interested in that, i know that now. Believe it or not. i was interested in it. Patrick can email me via Steam if he likes, i´d aprreciate it. I am just happy that OG is officially in the team now and i really really hope that the problems this site obviously has can be sorted out in the future.

#24 4 months ago
  25. Joe Musashi

Oh look, it’s the victims in their tiresome attack formation.

JM

#25 4 months ago
  26. polygem

I posted because Joe nails it “It’s terribly familiar.” Not as he means it but familiar it really is…
    I don´t want to see Manu wasting his breath on him now.
    Again, Patrick needs to sort this out. Fast.
    I can only give the advice to speak to trustworthy folks like OG and Mike who know what´s going on in the community, know about the posting history and then fix things from there and be confident and strict about it. The way the Mod situation has been handled was terrible though.

#26 4 months ago
  27. ManuOtaku

@polygem Saddly i will not follow your advice, because iam a very calm person, but when i see things like this, i mean people with a systematic behavior against some posters, ideas and believes, i force myself to make an stand, especially when the health of this community is at play, this site really deserves a great community, there is good people here from the staff and commenters.
    And Glad to see you are right and well, and dont worry about me mate.

#27 4 months ago
  28. ManuOtaku

@Joe Musashi again with the personal labels, dont worry i will not going to say stop it, quite the contrary continue, the file with labels lightly thrown, oozes with evidence here.
    As for the attack formation, given your masters degree on the subject, i will take your word for granted.

#28 4 months ago
  29. Legendaryboss

@polygem
    No it doesn’t bear any relation to me, thats stretching to the highest degree. You saying hi to someone isn’t a problem, your apparent “leaving” is: there is a difference. It would be so much easier to say “break” instead of “leaving”.

“You made it clear again last time, by closing the thread, that you are not interested in fixing existing issues, You have never been interested in that, i know that now.”

I closed that thread because it was obviously being derailed and going nowhere, and like you said/implied it wasn’t relevant to the topic. If i was in the wrong someone would have opened it again. Your solution of fixing things was (to quote) “taking shit far too seriously” no one is going to role-play group therapists to sort out shit for someone who apparently cannot leave.

Again if i don’t say it, you can’t claim i’m saying it either. None of this should matter if you A. could actually leave and mean it or B. Just stop talking about it.

#29 4 months ago
  30. polygem

Just read it like this:

“One Minute Reeeview – Ready….Go!”

@Manu
    I wish you luck then :)

@Legendaryboss
    Leaving can be a process you know :P In this case it is. #Deal with it. (That T-Shirt thread was just a joke btw if you are referring to that?). It´s still hard for me to ignore the ignorance of some of you guys, i admit it. No need to leave if issues would finally get sorted out like adults do btw. You could do your part, by admitting mistakes. First step: your turn. i already made that step and i am willing to do it again – just not in an exclusive, “catalyst” style. It´s not working like that. Never has been. It´s a dead end right from the start if you label everything you see but you choose to ignore that you do just that all the time. It´s again, just me pretending that you have said things that you never have. Me, putting words into your mouth. Nintendo Defense Force, Catalyst, WiiU sales man, many many many more of these labels you used – all my fault :P Why are you so afraid of communication? I don´t get it.

I have asked Pat to delete my profile. E-mailed him too a while ago to do just that. As long as it hasn´t been deleted…maybe i keep posting stuff if i feel like it. No problem.

i saw a typical Joe pattern here and i felt the need to tell Manu because i didn´t want him to get on the same crashing train. He hasn´t been here for a while. That´s why i posted. He said he´s fine and aware of that so that´s cool.

Talking about that thread you mentioned: The thread hasn´t been derailed by me exclusively. You have been there too if you remember, others too – it was a bloody discussion. If you think it´s ok to close a thread you helped derailing just like me, closing it with the words “Sigh…” and then, as a mod, do not shift it over to another thread, then we´re exacly where we should be again. You must take a good look at your own behaviour.

And again mate, to”just not talk about it” is not my thing. Never was and hopefully never will be, because to be honest with you, it´s a very very ignorant and insecure thing to do and it tells a lot about you unfortunately. It´s not healthy to think like that. Sure, i can understand that you just want me to shut up but here´s an advice for the future: Just avoid that situations like this even occur by looking at your own behaviour and reflecting on it right from the start -Stop the labelling first.

You have a connection to Joe, there even was a time you guys emailed each other. I remeber that.

Now that Joes newest character is (finally!) getting some slight troubles on here again, by slowly losing his camo, it might be better for you to get a bit of a distance for you again, i understand that – brave, honest, this is not.

Keep manipulating this site, you guys have come a long way.

@Joe: The victim has always been you, no matter the account. Not my victim or anyone elses, just your own. Slave to yourself.

#30 4 months ago
  31. Joe Musashi

Yeah. No.

JM

#31 4 months ago
  32. Panthro

@Joe Musashi

Why do include a signature on every comment you post.
    It makes absolutely no sense.

P

#32 4 months ago
  33. Gekidami

@Joe Musashi
    Dat playing the victim definition.

#33 4 months ago
  34. Legendaryboss

Yeah your initial reason for why i closed that thread, wasn’t what i said (thats a second example of what i was referring to) but now you have shifted to catchphrases unbeknownst to me. That “exclusive catalyst” i think you should read more into what i actually said, because its not even close (3). I said the “thread was derailed and going nowhere” your blaming yourself because i did not name names (4). I did not support in derailing that thread, i was just responding to claims (which i didn’t have to) and no its not my responsibility to create a new thread, thats down to the users if they wanted to discuss further, i won’t stifle that.

As for the rest its pure craziness, conspiracy theories and complete nonsense. Unless i see proof of this supposed recent catchphrases, the labelling in this section this is my final response.

#34 4 months ago