Killzone studio hiring for unannounced project, wants experience of microtransactions & “large social focus”

Wednesday, 30th April 2014 08:56 GMT By Dave Cook

Killzone: Shadow Fall developer Guerrilla Games has posted a job advert for its unannounced IP, calling for those with experience of microtransaction models and a large social focus.

guerrilla

It follows confirmation that Guerrilla Games is working on a new IP. At the time, lead designer Eric Boltjes said, “I can be true about it, yes. That’s definitely what’s happening right now. I can’t tell you what we’re thinking of but yes.

“As a studio we do want to branch out, and we have started work on a new IP, something completely different to Killzone. I don’t want to say anything about it right now, but as a studio we do want to keep it fresh.”

Now, the Guerrilla Games job post calls for
Regular/Senior Online Designers who have, “Developed micro-transactions and/or nontraditional recurring revenue models.” and, “Have developed or supported online gaming communities or titles with a large ‘social’ focus.”

The studio asks for people who have great experience of playing online games, and who have a proven track record of shipping games with, “significant online focus.”

Candidates must also have , “systems design experience; game modes, player progression, balancing, leveling, end game design, etc.”

It’s not clear what this project is, but with E3 2014 looming, we could see something announced during Sony’s conference, or maybe not. We’ll know in June.

Via VGLeaks.

1. Dog4life

Hope they have learned their mistakes from Shadow Fall… Sf was big letdown for me as KZ fan.

#1 6 months ago
  2. Legendaryboss

And so it begins…

#2 6 months ago
  3. Taustin Powers

Microtransactions, social focus….almost reads like a recipe to make a game I will not buy.

#3 6 months ago
  4. mistermogul

I actually really enjoyed Shadow Fall. Thought it looked and played great and am not bothered about story lines in FPS’s so rate it highly.

Looking forward to seeing what the studio comes up with next but I hope the micro-transactions are done tastefully and fairly…

#4 6 months ago
  5. fearmonkey

I was so looking forward to Killzone:SF but I never could get into the way the multiplayer handled. I predered battlefield 4 but it had all sorts of issues and didnt go back.

The strange thing is far as Deathmatch goes, I enjoyed The FTP Blacklight:Retribution the most. I was good at it, and typically was in the top 3 in most matches. But the pay to own different things scheme was so skewed that It would take forever to earn anything, and I got bored.

If they are doing a new FTP IP, then please work on your multiplayer feel, its not that great. The Single player wasnt bad but not awesome, the graphics were gorgeous though.

#5 6 months ago