H1Z1 panoramic screenshot uncovered on official site

Monday, 14th April 2014 12:24 GMT By Dave Owen

Info on Sony Online Entertainment’s upcoming zombie MMO H1Z1 is coming thick and fast. Now some intrepid Redditors have uncovered a panoramic screenshot hidden on the game’s official site. It’s impressive, and backs up recent talk of how big the game’s map will be.

H1Z1-panorama

Check it out at actual size.

The Redditor’s noticed that a blinking light on the official site was Morse code. Translating it provided the link for the image.

It’s early days, but if this shot is indicative of the size of the map, it could be an impressive game indeed.

Thanks, OPM.

1. Panthro

There can never be enough perma-death survival games in my opinion, nothing gets my heart racing more than playing these.

Hopefully they don’t rip off DayZ and Rust too much and bring something new to the table other than prettier visuals.

#1 7 months ago
  2. Erthazus

It’s SOE.

It will be a RIP off. Cheap knock off that will live for 2 years until they milk the cow as much as possible and then, SHUT DOWN all the servers.

#2 7 months ago
  3. jomac3db

I’m so sick of zombie games.

#3 7 months ago
  4. tmac2011

i need Dayz on ps4 cant run it on my pc. ill prolly get this game

#4 7 months ago
  5. NocturnalB

@Erthazus

Someone’s taken their cynicism pills today I see. I love everything I’ve seen about this game so far. To each his own.

#5 7 months ago
  6. Panthro

@tmac2011

It’s coming to PC to, upgrade yo’ rig! and you could get both.

#6 7 months ago
  7. TheWulf

Tell that to any Landmark player, they’d disagree with you vehemently and tell you that you’re talking out of your rosy red butt, frankly. SOE’s been cleaning up their act and they’re looking more promising now than they have in years. And whilst zombie nonsense isn’t at all my thing (just a pastiche of all of the most unimaginative and perverse power fantasy tropes, which I’m getting more and more tired of all the time), I don’t think it’s fair to say that considering how brilliant Landmark is.

But I’m guessing you haven’t played Landmark. Too much creativity and imagination, too little shooting people in the head/stabbing people in the gut, eh Erth? So you wouldn’t know, no. Pretty much anyone with an iota of imagination is familiar with how good it is, though. It’s really rad. Poorly optimised at the moment, I will say that, but really rad regardless.

/me too

#7 7 months ago
  8. polygem

i love dayz. this looks like a complete rip off to me. i could be wrong about that though. dayz stand alone really isn’t much about zombies at all…and i like that.

#8 7 months ago
  9. RocknRolla

@jomac3db What are you doing here then?

#9 7 months ago