VG247 launches in Italy with VG247.it

Monday, 24th March 2014 11:17 GMT By Staff

VG247′s first local language version, an Italian site run by the same team behind Eurogamer.it, is now live.

italian_flag

VG247.com, part of Eurogamer.net publisher Gamer Network and Britain’s first and only 24-hour games news site, has launched in Italy with VG247.it.

Headed by Luca De Dominicis, the managing director of Eurogamer.it, the site will seek to redefine gaming news for the Italian market and replicate VG247.com’s meteoric success in the English-speaking world.

It will be driven by a team of seven editorial staff.

Said Luca De Dominicis: “After our success with Eurogamer.it, we believe VG247.it is the ideal publishing product to strengthen Mindblast’s gaming editorial offering. It is a challenge that we face with great enthusiasm.”

Said VG247 publisher Patrick Garratt: “Growing out into Europe is extremely exciting for us, especially following our successful relaunch of VG247.com.

“We’re absolutely thrilled Luca and his team have launched VG247 in Italy, and look forward to its inevitable success.”

You can find VG247.it on Twitter, Facebook and Google+.

VG247.com launched in February 2008, and provides round-the-clock games news reporting from editors in the UK, America, Australia and France. The site recorded 3.1 million unique users and 7.6 million pageviews in November 2013.

1. Revs01

Polish version next please

#1 6 months ago
  2. Luca Forte

Love the tag! :D

#2 6 months ago
  3. digmouse

And Chinese maybe? :p

#3 6 months ago
  4. Rockstar Vienna

Lol, now i can see all Thumbnails and pictures again.

#4 6 months ago
  5. NeoSquall

Don’t worry guys, I won’t leave the site altogether.
    I still need to find the Italian Erthazus counterpart :D

#5 6 months ago
  6. CyberMarco

vg24/7 in Italiano?

Hm… didin’t see that coming! :P

#6 6 months ago
  7. polygem

I’m on your vine now, so high,
    I can see Italy.

#7 6 months ago
  8. polygem

more fitting visually

#8 6 months ago
  9. Legendaryboss

@SOLID FOX Cool story bro. You must be real fun at parties.

#9 6 months ago
  10. Dave Cook

@Legendaryboss Can’t tell if he’s kidding or not. Help.

#10 6 months ago
  11. Legendaryboss

@NeoSquall OMG! Never saw your comment but you win this comment section ;)

@Dave Cook
    I hope he’s joking because i’ve just found it funny after reading it again in a party pooper tone. He isn’t completely wrong but i think we need to replace VG247 employees with robots to fulfil his complaints.

#11 6 months ago
  12. OmegaSlayer

Io resto qui, tanto il layout è lo stesso.

I’ll stay here, the layout is the same and I really don’t like the new site version, very messy and unfriendly.
    Before the renewal vg247 was one of the default home pages in Chrome, now I check vg247 once or twice a week :(

#12 6 months ago
  13. Stephany Nunneley

@Legendaryboss I know right? Clearly I have imagined working Saturdays for over 5 years now instead of doing, well, you know, things people do on Saturdays.

#13 6 months ago
  14. NeoSquall

@Legendaryboss
    I know, I just like reading his “opinions” :D

@Stephany Nunneley
    Fun part is Saturdays are generally devoid of news from the Industry, a personal experience from 2 years of news reporting, in which I worked on Saturdays 3-4 times at best: maybe even PRs take a nap on week-ends?
    About the “long vacations at the end of the year”, please tell me how many news were posted on VG247 UK during the last Holidays. P/Reviews and opinion piaces don’t count.

#14 6 months ago