Titanfall’s UK launch was a star-studded, stunt-filled affair

Friday, 14th March 2014 20:19 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Titanfall launched today in the UK, as you well know, unless you’ve been hiding in a Mongolian cave for the last month. To celebrate the occasion, Microsoft has passed along some images from the launch festivities. Have a look below, would you kindly?

titanfallukrelease

During the launch celebrations, free runners dressed as Pilots emulating the abilities of players in the game, performed stunts along Millennium Bridge and the South Bank.

On Thursday evening The Boiler House at the Old Truman Brewery was “transformed into a scene from the game,” and loads of fans and a few celebrity attendees such as Jonathan Ross, Ricky Wilson and Professor Green, played the game.

There were also parkour free-runners stunting up the walls across the venue. Hopefully no one was injured in the process. The runners, not the attendees.

Titanfall is now available in both Europe and North America for PC and Xbox One.

Xbox 360 users will be able to try their hand at controlling giant mechs March 25 and March 28 in North America and Europe, respectively.

1. SlayerGT

Interesting note. The GameStop by my work got “plenty” TitanFall ed XBOnes, and hasn’t sold one yet.

#1 6 months ago
  2. Eregol

Jonathan Ross justifying his Microsoft employ here.
    I wonder how many forgot he’s now on the MS payroll?

#2 6 months ago
  3. gomersoul

Nobody likes Jonathan Ross.

#3 6 months ago
  4. Sublimeone

Yeah right! What a bunch of crock. Looking at all those pictures, I have neither heard of anyone nor do I recognize any of them besides – J.Ross. Mind you I am a resident.

#4 6 months ago
  5. Sublimeone

*”…star-studded, stunt-filled affair ”
    Before initial comment.
    What happened to the edit button?

#5 6 months ago
  6. Tormenter

Jonathon Ross is a TIT, and who the hell are the rest of them?

Someone explain “star-studded” to me.

#6 6 months ago
  7. Djoenz

Well excuse me didn’t you guys know only handsome and pretty celebs play Titanfall ;)

#7 6 months ago
  8. Stephany Nunneley

@Sublimeone No kidding. When I was uploading these yesterday, I was like “who ARE” these people – other than JR. Then again, I’m in the US so that is probably why.

#8 6 months ago
  9. KineticCalvaria

Ricky Wilson, lead singer of Kaiser Chiefs aand judge on The Voice, Professor Green is a rapper. Can’t believe you don’t know them, so uncultured :-).

I guess if your outside the UK it’s fairly understandable.

#9 6 months ago
  10. KineticCalvaria

@KineticCalvaria also JR is not a tit, I don’t see what peoples pwoblem with him is!

#10 6 months ago
  11. Djoenz

lol like I am from the Netherlands so I don’t know most of these people, but that’s not even the issue imo.

I am like wtf has these people have to do with games or the gaming industry lol.
    I bet most of these aren’t gamers or are casual gamers.

It’s like commercialisme of the highest order. Pff typical marketing.

#11 6 months ago
  12. Tormenter

@KineticCalvaria

Jonathan Ross most certainly IS a TIT… with a capital ‘T’

As for the rest of them, I AM from the UK.. and they are still faceless wannabes.. hardly ‘stars’.

#12 6 months ago
  13. dontbescaredhomie92

Yeah I’m also from the UK, who the fuck are these waste of space posers?

#13 6 months ago