Twitch streaming now available on Xbox One

Tuesday, 11th March 2014 00:36 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Twitch streaming has gone live on Xbox One thanks to an update to the app which, combined with the March firmware update, now enables broadcast.

Twitch announced the update on Twitter, which was something of a surprise as we weren’t expecting it until tomorrow.

Xbox Wire has all the details on how to set up your console for livestreaming, but once you’ve got it running you’ll be able to begin by saying “Xbox Broadcast”.

Thanks, Shack News.

1. Erthazus

Wait a second… League Of Legends and Dayz is coming to Xbox One?

Sony is in fucking trouble.

#1 5 months ago
  2. lexph3re

I can’t find a single site that has said LoL or DayZ is coming to Xbox one

#2 5 months ago
  3. DeVitowned

#1 Good eye, Erthazus!

#2 It’s in the video.

#3 5 months ago
  4. lexph3re

I think you guys interpreted that wrong. That just showed the twitch app for games you can watch through twitch

#4 5 months ago
  5. DuckNation

they are are not https://twitter.com/GeekDistrict/status/438373254223630336

#5 5 months ago
  6. DeVitowned

After watching the video again, I have some thoughts.

Keep in mind, I have had ZERO hands-on time with XBOX One’s UI, or Twitch app, so I don’t know what its interface looks like, but I am assuming the LoL and DayZ videos being advertised must be a general popular game storefront and not necessarily any indication of reveal. However, I wouldn’t find it far-fetched to see both games show up on PS4/XBone.

#6 5 months ago
  7. bobnice

I could swear I read an article not but a week ago, saying Microsoft was in talks with the dayZ team trying to get it on Xbox one sometime in the future…?

#7 5 months ago
  8. DeVitowned

@bobnice

You’re right, yhey have been in discussion with both Sony and Microsoft in consideration of bringing the game to both consoles. Considering the time they’ve out into the beta for DayZ, I don’t see it jumoing to other platforms anytime soon.

I wish they would, as I think the game looks incredible.

#8 5 months ago