Titanfall will get free & paid DLC, season pass model confirmed by Zampella

Wednesday, 5th March 2014 08:21 GMT By Dave Cook

Titanfall will receive a season pass content model along with a stream of paid and free DLC, Respawn Entertainment founder Vince Zampella has confirmed.

It follows this leaked Titanfall Xbox One achievement list, and the official Titanfall launch trailer.

Speaking with GameSpot, Zampella said, “We plan to do DLC to support the game. We’re going to do paid DLC. We’re also going to do free updates.

“We’re going to add in – there’s things that we want in the game that we didn’t get to ship in the final game, so we’ll add private matches and things like that for free. We’re going to do a season pass just because if you buy it up front, you get a deal. We’re not doing micro-transactions. So, you know, a season pass is just, buy it up front and get a better price.”

The interview also touched on Bluepoint Games’ Xbox 360 edition, which has yet to be shown publicly. When asked if he’d like to see the last-gen edition fall in as close to the Xbox One build, Zampella replied, “That’s the goal. I mean the game’s obviously not done yet. [Bluepoint Games is] doing a port of our game. We just started our day on patch, so they now have to take that and integrate it into their game. So, they’re naturally lagging behind us. The goal is to get it as close as possible. Obviously it won’t be exact. It’s on a less powerful system.

In closing, he was asked if post-launch support would be the same for both versions, he countered, ”we’ll have to sit down with EA and talk about that, but my assumption is yes.”

What do you make of the above? Are you happier to shell out on Titanfall DLC than, say, another Call of Duty game? Let us know below.

Via MP1st.

1. Delsin Row

Who cares? enough of this. where ever you go they say titanfall. enough already

#1 7 months ago
  2. Major Mayhem 70

@1 those of us that are going to buy the game care. Considering this is a site that releases all sorts of info concerning games, I think TitanFall falls under this category. I don’t know what irks me more, people complaining about articles on games when all they had to do was move on to the next article, or people commenting about their aunt that just made $7000 in one month. Damn near equal I think….

#2 7 months ago
  3. Legendaryboss

@Delsin Row Deal with it?

Topic: Interesting, i thought they said they weren’t doing a season pass but now that has changed. The 360 edition is still secret? Man, they really don’t want to cannibalise sales of the One version. It won’t work as well as they think.

#3 7 months ago
  4. Legendaryboss

@Major Mayhem 70 And you deal with it as well.

#4 7 months ago
  5. OlderGamer

Sorry but I am with Delsin on this one LB. I am sick of the coverage of TF. It is just too much. It feels like the constant stream of TF stories is just a blended mix of the marketing hype train. There is just no need to report every time some guy working on TF farts.

There is DLC for TF!?

Shocking!

There was nothing of value in the report at all. In fact nothing of value in the Gamespot bit either. Just another chance to talk publicly about the game for the TF guys.

#5 7 months ago
  6. Delsin Row

@Major Mayhem 70 Deal With with. most of the news in this site is about titanfall

#6 7 months ago
  7. Hcw87

This is actually news-worthy, as it’s been implied that this game may not have a Season pass or even DLC in the past. So it’s news to me.

Also, the biggest release of the first half of 2014 is getting huge coverage. Huge shocker there. Or not.

#7 7 months ago
  8. fihar

@Hcw87
    Even with no official announcement beforehand, a heavily marketed so-called next-gen killer-app triple-A FPS title with sole emphasis on multiplayer published by EA is going to have DLC is news to you?
    Right, and I’m dating Rebecca Hall.

#8 7 months ago
  9. Joe Musashi

Personally, I’ve no interest in Titanfall.

But, come on, this is a new ip, created by the guys who cooked up last-gen’s most successful gaming series. Published by EA – who will have a massive marketing budget for it too.

It launches in a few days. It could be the birth of an historic gaming franchise. It’s pretty significant.

I appreciate how suffocating the coverage can seem. I felt that way when GTA V launched – and I was hyped as hell for that game. But it’s just the nature of the beast – especially for a site whose primary mission is to deliver gaming news.

JM

#9 7 months ago
  10. OlderGamer

And that is the thing Hcw, hey lets announce we will have dlc…you can run a story. Then we will announce what the DLC is…and you can run another story. Then we will release trailers of the DLC…you can run yet another story.

And so on and so on and so on.

The TF crew have been manipulating the media and dare I say the fans. The result is over exposure.

And btw it isn’t the biggest most anticipated game of anything just because EA says it is. Everyone might have a different answer if asked that question. I would say Donkey Kong for the WiiU was a bigger game for me. Hawken on Steam is a much bigger game for me. Grim Dawn is a much bigger game. I know people dying to play Thief.

Biggest game?

Depends on who you ask.

#10 7 months ago
  11. OlderGamer

And I do get where you are coming from JM. What is VG247 going to do…not cover the game? But yea suffocating is putting it mildly. People have the right to speak out and say they think it is too much.

#11 7 months ago
  12. Legendaryboss

Well i’m not saying it isn’t suffocating to be receiving a constant amount of Titanfall news (some of which can be bundled together/updated considering the timeframe) but VG247 have a job to do.

So you kinda have to deal with it until shortly after launch when the hype has been settled but expressing your views is one way. So yeah its the nature of beast and people have every right to voice their concerns, but VG247 has no other choice.

#12 7 months ago
  13. Hcw87

But you’re acting like this is the first time something like this happens. Remember GTAV?

And when i say biggest game, i mean the biggest release of anything gaming related in the first half of 2014. How can you say otherwise? It launches on 3 platforms, and it’ll sell a boatload.

If Destiny released next week, the same thing would happen. News coverage every single day. Same thing with the next Halo. Half Life 3. The next Call of Duty/Battlefield.

This isn’t new.

#13 7 months ago
  14. Major Mayhem 70

@4 & @6
    Uuummmmm, I did deal with it. I said what I said, and I meant what I said. It’s a friggin video game site that talks about what?!? Friggin video games. I’d understand if it was a video game site that kept spewing news on politics, but I keep seeing news about video games. Go figure.
    Hcw87 must have read what I thought I had read about 2 weeks ago, that there wasn’t going to be DLC for A certain game (rhymes with FightinCall, don’t want to upset anybody) Lo n behold, Dave Cook reports that this isn’t the case and that this particular game will indeed have DLC. This is important news. If it wasn’t reported, I would have kept thinking otherwise.
    There are a bunch of other reportings on this site, and I don’t comment on a bunch of them. Why?!? Cause I read the heading and quickly realize that I’m not interested in it. For someone that hates reading about (rhymes with biting small, still being mindfull) I think it’s funny one would open up the article and submit a gripe about how much info comes out about it. Granted it is your perogativ, as well as it’s mine to call you out on it. Tired of hearing about it, then don’t read about news concerning TitanFall. Oops, my bad. I said TitanFall.

#14 7 months ago
  15. OlderGamer

“But you’re acting like this is the first time something like this happens.”

Fair enough, it happens all of the time. I have pointed that in the past, just didn’t say so here. But yeah, having the ability to get your game and keep your game high profile is the crux of how it indeed does work. Marketing 101.

I have the game on my Gamefly Q. So I will least have a go with it. And if I am wow’d enough I will eat my words and buy it for PC.

#15 7 months ago
  16. Legendaryboss

@Major Mayhem 70 Thats a cute rant, you done?

#16 7 months ago