Nintendo NA eShop update: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Inazuma Eleven Episodes, more

Thursday, 20th February 2014 14:11 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Nintendo has updated the North American eShop with Inazuma Eleven Episodes, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze and more. The full update is below the break.

donkey kong generic header

Nintendo eShop

• Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze – Wii U
  • WEAPON SHOP de OMASSE – 3DS
  • Kung Fu Rabbit- 3DS
  • Quell Reflect – 3DS
  • Sky Kid – 3DS Virtual Console
  • Ice Hockey – Wii U Virtual Console

Inazuma Eleven Episodes: As Captain Mark Evans, transform the Raimon Junior High Soccer Club from a bunch of slackers into a team of champions. Build your team, learn spectacular super moves, and take Raimon all the way to the top in this world-renowned soccer RPG, available exclusively for download in the Nintendo eShop. To celebrate the recent release, check out the first three full-length episodes of the Inazuma Eleven anime now available in the Nintendo eShop for free.

1. mistermogul

Goddamit Nintendo, please give us a proper account system!

#1 6 months ago
  2. polygem

#1+1
    they have to do that PLUS making everything you buy from them digital now bc with all their upcoming hardware. i would buy everything digital. instantly.

i think a truly unified account system will come, this year. it just freaking has to :)

cannot wait for THE nintendo machine. don´t want several devices anymore, want one nintendobox please. must not be all in one only does everything. just an affordable nintendobox that plays that nintendo stuff. it´ll do the trick. screw third party then.

#2 6 months ago
  3. Dragon

@mistermogul,
    Happening soon…
    When their next console launches. Its so backward it isn’t even funny.

#3 6 months ago
  4. polygem

@Dragon
    their take on online is in many ways much more modern, fresh and unique than either sonys or microsofts attempts.
    imho the ps4 interface is so freaking bland and uninspired and plain boring and buttugly and backwards….it´s not even funny. maybe with their next console.

#4 6 months ago
  5. polygem

@polygem
    vita memory cards, interface again.*shivers how backwards that is*
    …it isn´t even funny

#5 6 months ago
  6. absolutezero

Weapon Shop is bloody brilliant.

Mental but brilliant.

#6 6 months ago
  7. Joe Musashi

I went to the Nintendo eShop. I looked and looked. I consulted Google. There was no answer.

And then it dawned on me: You can’t log into the eShop web page with your Nintendo account.

“How then,” I wondered, “do my purchases get onto my console?”

I thought back to using the Google Play service. Where I don’t even download anything, the content just arrives on my device after I’ve acquired it from the web store.

I thought back to other systems, other phones, other consoles, Steam, buying Humble-bundles…

..the standard has been in place for so many years, tried, tested and true, that I struggled to recall how digital delivery worked when the shop doesn’t have any way of knowing who just made a purchase and for what platform.

And then, like a wave coming slowly to the shore, carrying seaweed, an old bottle on a tatty boot, the realisation dawned:

You get a little code! And then you redeem the code directly on the device. And then you download. And then you install. And then you update. And then you play.

This fresh, modern, unique take on things truly made a bold statement:

Being different does not automatically equate to being better.

9 million sales is different from 2 million sales. But which is better?

Engineering a system that is 10 years out of date with systems currently in use is different. But is it better?

The answer is no.

JM

#7 6 months ago
  8. Dragon

@Joe Musashi,
    I lol’d hard.

So fresh, unique and modern.
    Oh man, laughing so hard hurts :lol:

#8 6 months ago
  9. polygem

you can´t be good in every department. the actual state of the nintendo account system is a piece of shit and i have said that several times. that´s all there is to say really.

feel free to disagree but imo the playstation brand doesn´t feel modern at all. they did a terrible job with the ps4 and the vitas user interfaces for example, it feels outdated in almost every way. the ps store is just a mess. still. in 2014. it´s bland, uninspired, no fun to use, a failure in design. all this feels truly outdated to me. sure, with the ps3 it was much worse but that story also “wasn´t even funny”. it´s just “backwards” (to use the fiery words of a dragon). ms does a much better job in that regard. they suffer from very modern ads though.

did you know that you cannot even draw funny pictures on your xboxps´s?

well i have to say: take that modernists!

broaden your view a little bit. get rid of brand bias. you´ll see.

#9 6 months ago
  10. absolutezero

Oh Joe draw me like one of your French stores.

#10 6 months ago
  11. Joe Musashi

LOL.

So I fire up my Vita to play some more of the awesome TxK (how nice to get a reasonably priced game and be offered a discount on it without it being time-limited or tied to a set of pricey conditions that don’t interest me!) to find out the the download of another new game has completed itself whilst in suspend mode and then installed itself too. And was nice enough to tell me it did so.

What a terribly out-dated and inconvenient system!

How laborious and cumbersome compared to entering in little codes and waiting upwards of 15 seconds between every screen transition split across two screens devices with common functions tucked away behind obtuse, label-free icons. Oops, I just pressed the wrong symbol. I guess I’ll just have to wait and go back a screen and play pot-luck and hope it’s the other symbol that takes me to the function I want. Oops. Wrong again. Oh well, with these plodding waiting times at least I have lots of time to appreciate what a fresh, unique and modern interface I’m using!

So long I use metric-free intangibles in my brand-loyal sermons and say ‘imo’ plenty of times, I can claim anything I like. Tee hee.

JM

#11 6 months ago
  12. polygem

@Joe Musashi
    but joe, you cannot even draw a picture of nathan drake riding spyro the dragon on that thing. it´s so outdated it´s not even funny.

btw. everytime i buy a nintendo game digital i press a button and the download starts. you drama queen you.

the only problem is that the downloads are connected to your system and not the account.

#12 6 months ago
  13. polygem

@Joe Musashi

i´m not loyal to any brand. never was.

IMO you shouldn´t think of a career as a writer. your stories are pretty weak.

#13 6 months ago
  14. Dragon

broaden your view a little bit. get rid of brand bias. you´ll see.
    Oh man, the hilarious irony.

#14 6 months ago
  15. polygem

@Dragon
    irony? would you mind to explain why? because i have no idea what you are talking about.

i play games since the mid 80´s on a great variety of systems. the first time i ever had a clear favourite system in a gen was the 360 but i still had and enjoyed a ds, psp, ps3, later (in 2012 i think) wii (huge fan i must be, buying that thing so late).

i like nintendo atm – a lot. that´s no secret but after the gamecube and some casual ds gaming i rarely played on nintendo and criticised them a lot on this very page. i am disappointed with the stuff sony brings to the table pretty much since the psp.

again, you have to broaden your view a little bit. or no, a lot.

i also have samsung monitor, a huawai mobile, a sennheiser headset, a peugeot car (had volvo, mercedes, vw, guzzi bike, ducati a vespa AND a lambretta) and more.

my cornflakes vary a lot as well, so does my toothpaste and my underwear.

right now gaming on nintendo feels very fresh and modern indeed if you guys can see that or not – i don´t know. i can because i can compare things.

there are A LOT of things nintendo have done right in the past years and even the wiiu shows that, yes, even if the sales are disappointing. that doesn´t matter much in this regard. it´s still a very unique and modern feeling console. you can laugh at that all day long. it wont laugh away that fact – only makes you look like a spoiled teenager instead. you probably are one. so, no offence. it´s even ok.

so IMO (for you joe), no matter how you twist this for the internet. in reality you have no foundation. no point at all. it´s just desperate and sad.

#15 6 months ago