Hideo Kojima praises PS4: can render 1080p at 60fps “with room to spare”

Thursday, 13th February 2014 10:08 GMT By Dave Cook

Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes director Hideo Kojima has discussed his game in a long video interview with Famitsu. He also opted to discuss PS4 and its power.

Transcribed by DualShockers, during the Famitsu interview Kojima said of PS4, ” I think, between the home consoles available in the domestic market, the PS4 is the best.

“It’s also excellent for graphics, being able to render 1080p at 60fps with room to spare. Since it does it a little better than other hardware, the image quality of the PS4 is the most beautiful. It’s the closest to the photorealistic quality we are aiming at.”

On Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes, Kojima explained that you could play each of the game’s missions multiple times to try different approaches, and that the game is almost entirely viewed through a single camera shot with very few cuts, even when moving to cut-scenes.

It follows a lot of games press tweeting about the game at an official preview event over in Japan. From what they’ve said, it can be completed in two hours but your completion stat will be terribly low. Hit the link to see what the press has been saying.

Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes hits PS3, PS4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One in March.

1. KAP

I have a Xbone as well as a PS4, but damn, this is even making me want to facepalm myself!

#1 7 months ago
  2. aseddon130

So the PS4 is more powerful than Xbox One???

In other news, water is wet…

#2 7 months ago
  3. deathm00n

In the end what matters is personal opinion, I will get a PS4 down the road, because I’m used to playstation, had it since PSOne, so the Xbox and its controller doesn’t appeal to me, the only exclusive they got I’m interested in is Project Spark. So yeah, to me the graphics doesn’t matter that much when making this decision. And I have a PC too, so I’m very flexible about gaming.

#3 7 months ago
  4. jomac3db

@KAP Lol, I have both as well and only have Ryse on Xbox and everything else on ps4

#4 7 months ago
  5. Ireland Michael

This 1080p crap is so tedious. The resolution and framerate shouldn’t even be an issue if the game is optimised well.

The PS4 is more powerful than the XB1. We get it. Move on journalism.

1080p is the new “Cloud Gaming”.

#5 7 months ago
  6. Mike W

@Ireland Michael

That’s a very good point.

#6 7 months ago
  7. CyberMarco

“with room to spare”

I’m tired of hearing this kind of PR statements. If you really want to show your intellectual genius, why don’t you make games for PC, where sky is the limit?

PR bullshit!

#7 7 months ago
  8. Hcw87

My PC is FAR more powerful. I honestly thought this was going to come out on PC aswell.

PS4 version it is then.

#8 7 months ago
  9. thegrimmling

@Ireland Michael I only care if the game runs smoothly or not.

#9 7 months ago
  10. dreamcastnews

So why doesn’t it all the time then?

#10 7 months ago