Killzone: Shadow Fall’s multiplayer free to PS Plus users during holidays

Thursday, 19th December 2013 22:16 GMT By Brenna Hillier

PlayStation Plus subscribers will be able to check out Killzone: Shadow Fall’s multiplayer over the break without forking out for the full PS4 title. The multiplayer will be available at no charge during a free weekend, which will run December 28 to 31. Interestingly, downloading the trial will also mean you’ve installed the single-player, so if you decide to shell out for the game you won’t need to do any additional downloading. For more information, visit the PlayStation Blog.

1. fengato

“Interestingly, downloading the trial will also mean you’ve installed the single-player, so if you decide to shell out for the game you won’t need to do any additional downloading.”

This works well with smaller game trials (ala arcade titles on xbl) though I’m not sure that being coerced into installing the 20 gigs of off limits single player is a good thing.

#1 1 year ago
  2. RussellGorall

Having played it I have to say, the time/bandwidth of the download isn’t even worse the effort.

#2 1 year ago
  3. fengato

@3 Agreed. I got it at launch, though traded in the first week. I enjoyed KZ3 multi – didn’t like it in Shadowfall. Movement was so weird (compared with single player)- you move around a lot (like you’re sprinting) though you’re really just moving at a walking pace. It would almost comical if it wasn’t for the sickening motion blur effect that goes along with it. Gunplay also felt disconnected and weak – very Crysis like. Final issue was that it was hard to find a full match – spent a lot of time walking around trying to find someone to shoot.

I thought 60fps was going to bring greatness to KZ MP – sadly the underlying gameplay precludes it from that.

#3 1 year ago
  4. lexph3re

How couldn’t you find a game with people on it? they tell you what everyone is playing on the multiplayer page and how manys theres warzones with a couple thousand people everytime i play. As for the rest of what you said i won’t contest your opinion but i do disagree with it. I just got use to the style of sf and ive come to find it great especially if you have a team. i played a few people who were doing shutdowns equivalent to BF locking us in our respawn area.

it was frustrating/fun/impressive all at the same time

#4 1 year ago
  5. ddtd

The Robot Chicken commercial for it is pretty good. Who knew Kratos was into planking?

#5 1 year ago
  6. fengato

@4 I live in Australia

#6 1 year ago
  7. DrDamn

I’m really enjoying KZ:SF MP. Reminds me a lot of some of CoD:MW in some respects. Controls really well, map selection is varied and distinct, interesting variety in classes and abilities. Great fun with a group of friends in a party – which it handles very well in terms of invites (see BF4 for how not to do it).

Map selection in particular mimics something I thought CoD:MW got very right and later versions of CoD didn’t so much. Each map feels different, layout structure, verticality, routes and art design.

#7 1 year ago
  8. Delsin Row

guys can you help me?
    i have the full game but i have”nt purchase ps plus yet
    can i play shadowfall multi player free in the weekend?

#8 1 year ago
  9. KineticCalvaria

@8, good question. I should think you can…

#9 1 year ago
  10. Ireland Michael

@8 Hard to say. It might only apply to the digital release.

Boot the game up on the weekend and find out. That’s all you can really do.

#10 1 year ago
  11. pepsipunk

@8 first line of the text “PlayStation Plus subscribers”

#11 1 year ago
  12. Delsin Row

@11 dude its talking about holiday.im talking about the weekend.look at this
    “The multiplayer will be available at no charge during a free weekend, which will run December 28 to 31″
    thats what i mean

#12 1 year ago
  13. KineticCalvaria

@12, yeah he has a point though… it looks like it’s just PS Plus members rather than letting everyone in. Sorry bud.

#13 1 year ago
  14. Ireland Michael

Ah yeah. The way I read it was that they were providing the multiplayer free for Plus subscribers, but offering a free preview for those who aren’t. My bad.

#14 1 year ago
  15. Delsin Row

@14 if yoy remember a couple days ago,i asked you for a guidance
    i get my ps4 a week ago but i still cant sign in to the ps store
    when i wanna go to the store this error pop in
    wv-33910-6

#15 1 year ago
  16. Ireland Michael

@15 Are you still getting the error?

Is your Internet set up properly on your console? That message usually means the PSN can’t be reached.

#16 1 year ago
  17. Delsin Row

dear i live in iran sadly
    how can i setup internet properly on my console?
    what do you mean?
    if you could help me i really appericiate it

#17 1 year ago
  18. Hcw87

Seems like more iranians are having this problem.

Perhaps PS4 is not supported in your country yet.

#18 1 year ago
  19. Delsin Row

18@ dude i”ve seen this a week ago.but it didnt come up with solution
    i want solution please
    some of my friends can sign in ti the ps store
    they live on my country too

#19 1 year ago
  20. Hcw87

If google can’t help you, then you have no choice but to call Sony yourself and see what the problem is. But most likely it’s some restriction for your country (no clue why).

#20 1 year ago
  21. Delsin Row

how can i call sony?

#21 1 year ago
  22. pepsipunk

Can you view the PS Store on a PC in web view?

Your error code is a “Web View” error (wv) – in that the host refused the connection. Wonder if it’s an IP issue as mentioned by @20.

#22 1 year ago
  23. Delsin Row

22 @ yes i can
    so you suggest that i change my internet service?

#23 1 year ago
  24. pepsipunk

If you can view it on a PC, then it’s not the internet service at fault it would seem, look up your local Sony contact number on their website.

#24 1 year ago
  25. Dragon

@Deslin,
    Where is your PSN account based on?

#25 1 year ago
  26. Delsin Row

25@ its from usa my friend.i tried to make one more account based on other country”s.but same error pop in
    dont you think i should update my modem?

#26 1 year ago