PS Plus Europe adds free Don’t Starve PS4, DmC: Devil May Cry PS3 & more in January

Friday, 13th December 2013 10:07 GMT By Dave Cook

PlayStation Plus subscribers can look forward to another round of free Instant Game Collection titles in January, including the PS4 edition of Klei’s Don’t Starve and PS3 titles DmC: Devil May Cry and Borderlands 2.

The freebies were posted on PS Blog EU and are as follows:

Don’t Starve (PS4) – January 8
DmC: Devil May Cry (PS3) – December 24
Borderlands 2 (PS3) – December 24
Soul Sacrifice (PS Vita) – December 24
Blazblue Continuum Shift Extend (PS Vita) – December 24

Grid 2, Dragons Dogma Dark Arisen and Sonic and Allstars Racing Transformed will leave PS Plus on December 24, while Contrast will lave on January 8.

What do you think?

1. Pytox

heh now i didnt have to buy the bad dmc then ok thanks sony i guess :P

#1 9 months ago
  2. Dimaco

I always stood for PS+, pointing out that it was a great offer.. well I guess we needn’t worry about that,anymore… thanks Sony!!
    (owning all 3 consoles, it’s an astounding amount of content!)

#2 9 months ago
  3. Ireland Michael

Soul Sacrifice and Blazblue for free?

Bloody hell Sony. You’re making it very difficult for me to actually purchase any games for the format…

Nice Christmas presents. =P

#3 9 months ago
  4. CycloneFox

Anyone who didn’t grap it yet, or still doesn’t own Plus yet, should get it now and grap Dragons Dogma. It’s a really great game.

I’m looking foreward to the two Vita games. Both were on my list and I didn’t have the money to get them, yet. There are just so many good Vita games and I’m trying to play five simultaniously at the moment.

Edit: Oh and I’m buying a PS4 at the end of this month and it’s great to already have some games thanks to Plus. I suppose alot of other plus members are thinking the same about the Vita games. If you didn’t already do it: Even if you don’t own a Vita, but are plus member, just purchase the free Vita games in case, you or some friend of yours ever get a vita by any circumstance. Even if you plan to never buy a Vita.

#4 9 months ago
  5. Dimaco

@ fox
    I hear you! I basically filled all of my vita’s 32gb memory with the free games from PS+, and have so many I still haven’t even loaded for the first time! That’s insane!

#5 9 months ago
  6. nadc

PS Plus is just amazing value. My only concern is if for some reason they ever close the service. Companies talk about 10 year minimum product cycles and to be fair Sony have a long history of quality products/services. But at the end of the day when it comes to an end in some apocalyptic future what are you left with? But in the mean time I will just enjoy the games :0)

#6 9 months ago
  7. Ireland Michael

@6 By then you’ll be able to pick up 90% of them on eBay for less than a fiver, so they’ll be easy enough to get if they’re games you really want to hold on to.

Regardless, they’re legally obliged to keep downloads available to you as long as their service exists.

#7 9 months ago
  8. formula1matthew

Thankyou for the christmas presents Sony! Playstation Plus as usual is awesome!

#8 9 months ago
  9. Dragon

I take back my critisism from last month. Great to see the PSP game addition has not become a monthly trend.

PS Plus – The best thing 50$ can buy in gaming.

#9 9 months ago
  10. zoopdeloop

am i the only one who has issues with that service?

i have a shit load of great ps+ games that haven’t played yet and really want to,but when i decide to go for it, i don’t know which one i would like to go first and i end up with FFXIV:ARR again.
    Sometimes you appreciate things more when you invest in them than given to you freely

#10 9 months ago
  11. Lloytron

Yay, merry Xmas!

#11 9 months ago
  12. shadowseer

Thanks Sony and the kind developers/publishers for those games! :D Don’t Starve sounds pretty interesting!

#12 9 months ago
  13. CycloneFox

@10: Alot of people feel the same. Because of the cheap steam sells and the PS Plus instant game collection, people get in that strange state of too much choice. It makes you feel a necessity to do justice to all games and isntead choose to play an MMO or online shooter. But you don’t have to do that. Just play what you want. There is nothing wrong about trying out the first few minutes of some game. You can then decide, if you want to go on with it or close and try something else. At the moment I’m playing Okami again, which was in the collection earlier this year, and pause Dragons Dogma for it. Just play what you fancy the most at the moment.

#13 9 months ago
  14. polygem

what about that slim vita. any news about a euro release? i don’t care about the lcd vs oled picture quality difference but i really like the fact that it has a better battery life because of that and allows you to use any mini usb charger.

#14 9 months ago
  15. mistermogul

Sweet! I never did get round to getting Borderlands 2 so will snap that up!

#15 9 months ago
  16. onefivefive

If I didn’t already have the (fantastic) DMC I’d be snatching it from PS+ instantly. Great game.

#16 9 months ago
  17. Dirk

I took way too long to sign up to PS+, missed a lot of good games.

Already have the Vita games :(
    Don’t want DmC, I’ll add it to the list just because I can.
    Getting Borderlands 2 on PC but I’ll take it on PS3 anyway.
    Don’t have a PS4 but I’m sure as hell keeping all the games for when I do.

Crappy month for me.

I was very happy to see GTA:LCS on PS+ this month, right up until I realised that I can’t control the camera with the 2nd analogue. You’d think Sony could have asked R* for a patch, while throwing money at them for a Vita version of San Andreas.

#17 9 months ago
  18. SorenLerby

My Uncle Ian recently got an awesome six month old Audi A7 by working part time from a computer… visit this website http://goo.gl/uRGSi9

#18 9 months ago
  19. RussellGorall

I just stopped in to sign my initials at the end of this post.

Adapt or Die.

RG

#19 9 months ago
  20. onlineatron

will the free version of don’t starve be cross buy on vita?

#20 9 months ago
  21. marthsamuel

I like Devil May Cry 4 because of his Outwears i don’t know Sony is going to be good or not, different people have different problems but if some one want to my DMC 4 jacket then click http://goo.gl/V8d3Kp

#21 9 months ago