Star Citizen has hit $33 million, next stretch goal set for $34 million

Wednesday, 27th November 2013 19:33 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Star Citizen has hit $33 million, after just this morning the total sat at $31,137,083.

Roberts Space Industries announced the new figure on the official website, noting that the Anvil Carrack has now been unlocked.

For the next five stretch goals, the team would like to add an additional system to the game and allow backers to pick the major feature.

The new stretch goal sits at $34 million and is 19% there already. It includes the MISC Hull C which is a cargo hull.

The $35 million stretch goal will unlock the Drake Herald, a small, armored ship players can use to safely get information from Point A to Point B.

Star Citizen is expected in 2014.

1. Erthazus

This game is a beast. With graphics that consoles will never achieve.
    they are also preparing for some 4K resolution.

My own ship. F. Yeah. When this game will come out, probably need to get some upgrade. That’s for sure.

#1 10 months ago
  2. YoungZer0

Why are they getting more money again?

#2 10 months ago
  3. hives

It’s impossible. How the heck are they getting so much money so fast? oO

#3 10 months ago
  4. Erthazus

@2,3, Because it is awesome.

they got my money for ship. Woo.

#4 10 months ago
  5. Game Hunter

How about setting the stretch goal to 50M and be done with it?

#5 10 months ago
  6. Erthazus

Want a funny fact?

15000$ for the fleet package has been Sold OUT.

YEAH!

#6 10 months ago
  7. domnage

LAWL. Everyone thought to the last minute that X Rebirth is going to be fun… but errrmm… yeah.

#7 10 months ago
  8. Armitage Shanks

damn! better hope its not a stinker.

#8 10 months ago
  9. YoungZer0

@7: I’d laugh my ass off if Star Citizen turns out to be another X Rebirth.

#9 10 months ago
  10. xXNapsterManXx

I don’t get the whole stretch goal thing, 1 million more and you can get a hull? doesn’t seem right. then another 1 million for a small ship? shouldn’t that be like 1 million and we will expand the playable universe wit 10 new systems or something?

#10 10 months ago
  11. Darkfield

Someone get me a credit card I’m well far behind the race!

#11 10 months ago
  12. TheWulf

They have no obligation to make anything other than a sub par game like Rebirth. That’s the thing. They could make a short campaign with just three missions, horrible AI, and no story. They’re not under any obligation to actually make anything more.

The fact that Star Citizen is so marketing-y is what makes me iffy about it all, honestly. I just can’t trust it. Things that reek of marketing like that usually aren’t good, or trustworthy.

It’s like an infomercial.

All they’ve given us is sexy car commercials with no evidence of an actual product in production. If they were really serious about this, then they’d have something to show their backers. Heck, with the money involved, you’d think they would have given people access to some sort of early beta by now.

Something.

I just don’t trust it. :I Something in my gut tells me this is off.

I think a lot of people are going to get burned.

#12 10 months ago
  13. TheWulf

Exactly. One of the one million stretch goal things was that they’d add fast travel. I’m familiar enough with coding to know how easy fast travel is. It’s just moving an object from one set of coordinates and/or cell to another, and I’ve done similar with mods. That’s not something you charge a million dollars for.

It’s just a massive con. I can’t avoid the feeling it’s a massive con.

#13 10 months ago
  14. majinzane

I wonder how some of you will feel when Dog Fighting launches in the next month or so. Will you still say it’s a scam.

Maybe when we get the social module at the end of Q1 2014.

Maybe when the boarding module comes out around May of 2014.

What about when they release the Alpha for Squadron 42 and the persistent universe around Q3 next year or even the Beta at the end of 2014. Will you still cry scam?

The developers for this game are not new, it’s not like Chris Roberts looked at his self in the mirror one day and was like, hey, I’m going to create a kickstarter and scam millions from people. The teams working on this game are comprised of industry veterans, people who have spent their entire lives loving and living video games. We’re talking about the people who made the Wing Commander Franchise, Freelancer, Starlancer and Privateer. The people who pioneered the space sim genre.

You can get the game now with Alpha and Beta access for $40 dollars, or if you want to skip on the Alpha and Beta, $30 dollars.

$30 dollars for what could potentially be one of the most immersive and fun games to ever be created, seems like an easy choice to me.

Also, to any of you who are crying that they should have game play to show us already, you’re either ignorant (which is the most likely case and easily remedied by following the information that comes from CIG’s site) or trolling. There’s already game play that was shown from Chris’ prototype for the game. You can see him playing the game at GDC 2012. Granted it’s a prototype but it’s still in a playable state. Since then, the game has only been in full production for right at a year. During that time they’ve been coding and designing most of the game systems and building assets to be used in the game. Over the next 12 months we will finally see all of these assets and game systems start to integrate into the final product.

#14 10 months ago