Driveclub gets new PS4 trailers set in Norway and Scotland, watch them here

Monday, 18th November 2013 08:39 GMT By Dave Cook

Driveclub developer Evolution Studios has posted two short gameplay trailers based in Norway and Scotland. The clips show the PS4 racer in action, following its delay to 2014.

It follows Sony’s official confirmation of the Driveclub delay.

The new clips were posted on the official Driveclub Facebook page using the PS4′s ‘Share’ function. Here’s the first one, set in Scotland:

And here’s the second clip set in Norway:

What do you think?

Via Gematsu.

1. Pytox

wow very nice this could be come better looking than forza :p

#1 1 year ago
  2. Fin

Damn, the Scotish clip looks great! Lighting’s a lot better than the previous videos (which was my main concern before).

#2 1 year ago
  3. KineticCalvaria

Not a huge racing fan but even I can say that looks fantastic.

#3 1 year ago
  4. DrDamn

Agreed looking great. First vid is a good example of the approach they have taken with lighting and second vid has a some lovely spots of lighting on the backs of the cars in front. A full race capture at a decent resolution is coming soon – though they are waiting on a new build with extra optimisations to release it … http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=90243035&postcount=256

#4 1 year ago
  5. KAP

wow, glad sony allowed them extra time to polish it up.

If it were EA on the other hand.

#5 1 year ago
  6. Creteck

You can drive in Norway, im sold! Day One

#6 1 year ago
  7. redwood

those speculars on the front car’s back side <3 <3 <3!!!!

#7 1 year ago
  8. mistermogul

Looks good to me. I’ll pick this up when I get my Infamous bundle next March. Woot!

#8 1 year ago
  9. CycloneFox

Seems to run really smooth and looks very realistic. The sensation of speed is pretty good, imo. Evolution Studio makes pertty good games and even though I would have loved to see a Motor Storm for the PS4 (which will definately come later, I suppose), this looks really fantastic. And having it with PS Plus sometime later, it’ll make a good game to show of your consoles capabilities.

The new Forza and this look so good, it’ll be very hard to tell which looks better. It’s even hard with GT6, which still comes to current gen.

#9 1 year ago
  10. monkeygourmet

Glad this had more time in the other, even though it messed the launch up slightly.

Looks very nice now, and def more fun than Forza.

#10 1 year ago
  11. KineticCalvaria

@mg, Add ‘in my opinion’ on there or the forza fans will descend upon you!

Both are great games from what I’ve seen although forza does look like more of the same to me.

#11 1 year ago
  12. monkeygourmet

I don’t need too. It’s plainly obvious to see that this is the better game; graphically and from a gameplay perspective. :)

#12 1 year ago
  13. KineticCalvaria

@12, ooh controversial! Lol, be careful what you say say around here, people will overreact, we’ve all seen that first hand :).

#13 1 year ago
  14. DrDamn

“The lighting on the Scotland video with the clouds and everything is so realistic, amazing stuff.”

Especially so given those cloud formations are dynamically generated. So it’ll be different each time you play. PS4 with better cloud tech confirmed! ;)

#14 1 year ago
  15. KineticCalvaria

@14, teh CloUd! Lol.

Cloud gaming is the future.

#15 1 year ago
  16. absolutezero

I can confirm that Scotland does indeed kinda sorta look like that. Blinding winter sun and all.

#16 1 year ago
  17. polygem

i´ve been driving (and travelling of course) through scotland the winter of 99/00 – holy crap, that´s not that long ago in my head but it actually is :)

man, i loved it sooo much. must definitely go there again.
    i want to – right now – but i´m broke – damn you ps4.

game looks sweet.

#17 1 year ago
  18. onlineatron

those evolution guys sure know how to make a pretty game. delay looks like it was for the best.

#18 1 year ago