GRID 3 development rumours begin as Codemasters fields for new project testers

Monday, 4th November 2013 12:05 GMT By Dave Cook

Codemasters has begun fielding for testers to help give feedback on a new title at the studio. The studio’s explanatory blog post makes an awful lot of mentions to GRID 2, so naturally, rumours of a third game have followed.

The blog post reads, “Test Drivers wanted – fancy a trip to Codies for super-exclusive, super-secret early game access? We’ve said before that we’re really focussed on getting your feedback about our games – well, one of the initiatives we’re keen to launch is to get you guys involved at a much earlier stage. Earlier, even, than announcement.”

It adds that many of GRID 2′s features were borne from the community, such as the demolition derby DLC. Codemasters has invited ‘core’ racing fans to apply for testing by emailing the team, along with several personal details.

Interestingly, the post also asks applicants to submit a, “one sentence review of GRID 2,” which also adds s fuel to the GRID 3 rumour fire. The project could be literally anything though.

Check out the post above and let us know what you think below.

Via Videogamer & OXM.

1. Legendairyboss

#1 9 months ago
  2. Dave Cook

@1 enjoy your ban.

#2 9 months ago
  3. fihar

Either drop the shitty handling or drop those ridiculously twisty point-to-point streets. I’d prefer you guys drop the former.

Navigating a twitchy Pagani down the narrow street of the Azure Coast, trying my best not to kiss the rock face isn’t fun guys.
    And bring back the cockpit views!

#3 9 months ago
  4. majicship

I was really looking forward to Grid 2, so much so that I pre ordered it. I wish I hadn’t though because it really blows chunks. I am totally in agreement with @3 on this aside from cockpit views which do not bother me, but the dreadful handling and those awful street races put me off so much I couldn’t be bothered to even try and finish the game. If I was to spend any more money on a Grid title I would be expecting to see many more circuit races, much better handling, fewer street races, and a return to the TOCA days when this type of racer was at its best.

#4 9 months ago
  5. CPC_RedDawn

@2&3

What are you guys on about!?

I have both GRID 1 and 2 on PC and using a controller or a wheel for this game the handling is perfect. Its somewhere between simulation/arcade its not quite as sim as Forza, GTR, GT, etc but its not as arcade as Ridge Racer.

The controls for me are perfect, and the narrow side winding street races are what made GRID popular in the first place!

Although I agree with FIHAR they need to bring back the cockpit view.

#5 9 months ago
  6. manamana

TOCA!

#6 9 months ago
  7. gomersoul

I would rather they made a grid 1 hd next gen remix than grid 3. They just ruin grid and dirt the more sequels they release

#7 9 months ago
  8. DSB

@7 This. This this this this this this. That. Fucking that. What you said. It was right.

Didn’t even pick up Grid 2, and I fucking loved the original.

Codemasters have taken themselves from a world-beater to an also-ran.

#8 9 months ago
  9. fihar

The controls are fine for the slower cars, but it became shit once you have access to the hypercars.
    I don’t expect the Huayra to handle as easily as a 1 series for example but that car still had a fuck ton of downforce and a huge amount of grip and shouldn’t fall into oversteer that easily everytime there’s a slight change in direction.

Street races and 90-degree bends are fine, it’s those twisty point-to-point races that I have major issues with.

#9 9 months ago
  10. GWalcott

A Grid 2 review in one sentence? Easy. Better than Gran Turismo.

#10 8 months ago
  11. WolfENgang

Right this is how I see it.

Grid 2 was a massive flop and was quite simply a shocker compared to the original GRID.

GRID was a good simulation game with a good career and continuous one where you couldn’t get bored of because it was so varied and so many different types of cars and tracks and the it was realistic.

GRID 2: Massive flop and shit simulator not what people expected most people expected it to be a good simulator like GRID but oh no GRID2 wasn’t about racing at all it was about how god you were at handling how much the cars moved about and what made it worse was the steering and the street racing no fun.

GRID 3: Should be made a simulator like GRID and should take most aspects that GRID including the 24 hour le man race. GRID 3 should also include more tracks and up to date cars. With the simulation and the gameplay that GRID had and many fixes and new things such as better online play. This would make GRID 3 a lot like GRID but it would sell like GRID and would get more people liking it if it got promoted properly.

#11 7 months ago