Dead Rising 3 sales expected to hit 1.2 million, according to Capcom projection

Friday, 1st November 2013 10:29 GMT By Dave Cook

Dead Rising 3 has been pegged to hit 1.2 million sales on Xbox One, according to a document released alongside Capcom’s recent financial report.

We reported on the Capcom’s financials yesterday. They showed that strong sales of Monster Hunter 4 has helped the Japanese firm gain some financial ground since its last report.

Reporting on Capcom’s document, Eurogamer notes that the company’s 1.2 million projection for Dead Rising 3 falls below life-time sales of the original Xbox-exclusive game at 1.8 million, and the multi-format sequel Dead Rising 2 at 2.7 million.

Understandably, Dead Rising 3′s projection is lower seeing as it is an Xbox One exclusive.

What do you make of Dead Rising 3 so far? You can check out both of my write-ups on the game so far here and here.

The game’s out November 22.

1. Battler624

Amazing! It will sell more than the console itself!

#1 6 months ago
  2. salarta

I project Dead Rising 3 will sell meaningfully less than that. Because it’s an XBox One exclusive, because it’s Capcom, and because it involves a timeline jump alongside at certain change in tone.

Alan Wake is a pretty good example of what happens when a game is XBox exclusive. Supposedly, it get tons of marketing, which I guess is something people saw but I absolutely never did as someone that doesn’t care about XBox stuff. Alan Wake eventually got brought to PC where more people could play it, but it wasn’t advertised much by that point; I only found out it existed because it was available on Steam sale and it was featured for that sale. If Alan Wake hadn’t been XBox exclusive and had been well advertised outside of XBox-specific channels, it would’ve had better sales. Same thing here. Like Alan Wake before it, Dead Rising isn’t Halo.

#2 6 months ago
  3. Butcher8

More playstation fanboy scum above I see…

#3 6 months ago
  4. Nephilimator

1.2 Million? Does that pay off the development costs?

#4 6 months ago
  5. Nephilimator

@7 Having to sell off one of your 25 mansions is better then having to make 5 more payments on a tent in Bangladesh I guess.

{insert random pwned x2 GIF}

Seriously dude its like childs play. Fish in a barrel.

#5 6 months ago
  6. Nephilimator

@9 Good thing it has no affect over me as I am not emotionally attached their bottom line as you are.

{insert pwned x4 GIF}

#6 6 months ago
  7. yeoung

Sir Rubber and sir Glue, I presume? Someone just call no tag backsies and be done with it.

OP: Seems like they’re low-balling it a bit, I’m sure it’ll do better than 1.2mil, early adopters gotta play something.

#7 6 months ago
  8. dkpunk

I’ll be one of the 1.2! This, Ryse and Forza at launch. Good times.

#8 6 months ago
  9. Nephilimator

It sold more on Wii lololol

#9 6 months ago