Titanfall will be released in March alongside Collector’s Edition, new trailer released

Tuesday, 22nd October 2013 16:59 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Titanfall will be released in March 2014 Respawn Entertainment and Electronic Arts have announced alongside a Collector’s Edition of the game and a new gameplay trailer.

Set in the near future on a distant, war-torn frontier, Titanfall drops players in the middle of a conflict between the Interstellar Manufacturing Corporation (IMC) and the Militia.

The game allows the player to shift back and forth between pilot and titan and to change tactics “on the fly”, attacking or escaping depending on the situation.

EA has also announced a Collector’s Edition which comes with a copy of the game, a collectible 18” hand-crafted titan statue with diorama and battery-powered LED lighting, a full-size art book with over 190 pages of rare concept art, and an exclusive full-size schematic poster of the Atlas titan.

It will run you $249.99/£249.

Titanfall will be made available March 11 in North America and March 13 in Europe and March 14 in the UK on PC, Xbox 360 and Xbox One.

1. G1GAHURTZ

GIMMIE, GIMMIE, GIMMIE!!!

#1 11 months ago
  2. G1GAHURTZ

…is it March yet?

#2 11 months ago
  3. Pytox

249 for CE? LOL? :D

#3 11 months ago
  4. TheBlackHole

Want.

Do you have any idea how much those statues cost when made at that detail level?

#4 11 months ago
  5. foofly

“…full-size schematic poster of the Atlas titan.”

These things are massive right, like 18ft tall?

#5 11 months ago
  6. TheBlackHole

@5 lol, I thought the same thing :)

#6 11 months ago
  7. Dragon

Great timing I would say. Ensures X1 keeps getting good games at regular intervals, which will in long run be very important for its success.

#7 11 months ago
  8. Max Payne

Wasn’t this exact same footage already shown on gamescom or pax ?

#8 11 months ago
  9. TheBlackHole

@8 Yes. Definitely something I’ve seen before.

#9 11 months ago
  10. Erthazus

It’s not going to be as good as Battlefield 4 but I want to try it.

Yeah, going to see a lot of videos on twitch with crappy gameplay videos with guys that are going to play with a controller that can’t do anything without AUTO-AIM and bullet magnetism

#10 11 months ago
  11. DSB

God I hope this ends up becoming the next big thing before Battlefield does. It would be so fucking sweet.

“Bat we hav de noo-age tech”

“Right, and you know who gives a fuck Patrick? No one”

It’ll probably be Destiny though. Because there ain’t no justice.

#11 11 months ago
  12. Erthazus

No one can beat Battlefield 4. It’s already big. With the gameplay variety, 64 players, commando mode and first real wind-physics simulation in FPS. There is no game that offers That much at the fantastic quality as DICE with BF4.

#12 11 months ago
  13. pcbros

Just glad to see something other than the same ol’FPS. This game has my attention.

Next-gen FPS incoming…

#13 11 months ago
  14. DSB

It’s easier to beat Number Two than it is to beat Number One. I’d be very surprised if Titanfall ends up close to 10 million the first time around, but I’d love to see it break 4-5.

Maybe that’s too optimistic, but I wouldn’t underestimate Respawn.

Infinity Ward took CoD from 2 million to 10 million in 2 years. And then they doubled that in another two. It has taken EA a decade to break 10 with Battlefield.

#14 11 months ago
  15. Erthazus

In sales numbers Battlefield will never be first because of it’s mechanics.

and the same goes to TitanFall. Not everyone is a fan of Sci-fi in it’s current state with mecha’s. + not everyone is going to master awesome mechanic where you can jump from one wall to another.

#15 11 months ago
  16. pcbros

Sales: COD > BF

Because COD is more accessible and offers quicker gratification. It might take a BF player 5min to get their first kill, while a COD player could have gotten a dozen by then.

#16 11 months ago
  17. fearmonkey

If this game had single player, I would be much more interested. I love games with mechs but don’t want to be forced into Multiplayer the whole time. I will probably end up getting this game on Steam at some point or if my friends want it, but so far none of them have mentioned it. They all seem to be waiting for Destiny.

You tell by that video it’s the source Engine, it looks nice but not compared to the latest and greatest engines out there. This should run a nice framerate on Xbone though, it’s a tried and true engine and has already been optimized a ton.

If MS would make another mechassualt (like the first one, NOT the 2nd game), I’d be happy. (and another Crimson Skies too)

#17 11 months ago
  18. DSB

@15 Right. Let me tell you a story.

Once upon a time there was a biiiiig huge company called Activision. Activision was very rich, and they had a franchise of very succesful WW2 FPS games called Call of Duty, which was made by a studio called Infinity Ward.

Then one day, Infinity Ward got bored, and they went to Activision and said “We’d really like to make a modern warfare game”. But Activision got mad, and they told Infinity Ward “Fuck that noise, everybody loves WW2, there’s no money in modern warfare, bitches!”.

But Infinity Ward wouldn’t back down, and they didn’t like being called bitches. And so they fought and they fought, and I think someone even crawled on top of Bobby Kotick and pulled at his golden red curls, but eventually.. Infinity Ward got their wish.

And the rest is history.

So again, please do bet against those guys. Let’s hear about how unpopular sci fi is, because obviously no one cares about games. At all.

@16 Ding ding ding. Someone gets it.

#18 11 months ago
  19. UuBuU

I still don’t see anything here besides graphics that equals ~ let alone surpasses some of the best FPS games that are a decade old

All they’ve really done is produced the sub-standard shooter that taps into the mass appeal and fandom of both Call of Duty AND Halo ~ two FPS franchises which are equally sub-standard

#19 11 months ago
  20. G1GAHURTZ

That story is fake!

#20 11 months ago
  21. G1GAHURTZ

two FPS franchises which are equally sub-standard

Yeah, just like your punctuation is sub-standard, hot shot!

#21 11 months ago
  22. UuBuU

@21 Your wounded butt is showing.

#22 11 months ago
  23. DSB

@20 Which part? I may have imagined the fight scene, but I’m really pretty sure that’s how it happened :P

@19 You know who gives a fuck about graphics? No one.

#23 11 months ago
  24. G1GAHURTZ

@22:

LOL!

I like the way you managed to use a full stop, that time.

#24 11 months ago
  25. Hcw87

You give Conan O’Brian a run for his money for being a Clueless Gamer.

#25 11 months ago
  26. Judicas

@18 you do realise he is betting against battlefield being first right? as in he isn’t betting against infinity ward so I don’t see the point of your rant, maybe I’m missing something…

#26 11 months ago
  27. G1GAHURTZ

Imagine if IW stuck with WW2, and CoD4 was just another 2m copy selling WW2 game.

Halo would probably still the the most played console FPS, and people would spend all day moaning about Halo clones…

#27 11 months ago
  28. UuBuU

@24 Seriously? You’re attacking someones punctuation on the comments section of a gaming news site?

Think about how pathetic that makes you seem for a minute. Someone makes disparaging comments about your favorite games and in a fit of butthurt rage you attack them for not caring enough to use a full stop

#28 11 months ago
  29. DSB

@26 If you look closely, he’s actually betting against both.

And at this rate, Battlefield would indeed become first as CoDs sales begin to decline. It’s only a question of time, unless DICE start taking real creative risks, which is never gonna happen.

Personally I’m just hoping and thinking that they might be beaten to the punch.

#29 11 months ago
  30. gomersoul

This won’t take over cod or battlefield until it goes multiplatform. I’m interested, but won’t buy until ps4… Can’t afford both consoles and ps4 makes most sense if you only get one next gen machine

#30 11 months ago
  31. ChunkyLover112

Looks amazing.

I’d like to see a ps game that is this good looking…

#31 11 months ago
  32. xxJPRACERxx

I’ll try the demo but so far I’m much, much more excited by bf4 than this. I’ll take ArmA or Red Orchestra over this easily.

#32 11 months ago
  33. G1GAHURTZ

@28:

LOOOOL!!!

This time you didn’t use a full stop on purpose!

You crease me up.

#33 11 months ago
  34. Legendaryboss

Hmm? Dis gon b gud meme :)

#34 11 months ago
  35. pcbros

Most FPS games are made using a cookie cutter. That’s why we need Mirror’s Edge 2 and Portal 3 ;)

#35 11 months ago
  36. UuBuU

@33 lol

#36 11 months ago
  37. monkeygourmet

Hold on… I’ve already seen that trailer a while ago… Is there a new one?

#37 11 months ago
  38. Moonwalker1982

The Xbox One better be out in Holland around that time, goddamn.

#38 11 months ago
  39. Arcnail

Really?? This stuff is old! Maybe show something new??

#39 11 months ago
  40. Legendaryboss

@37/39
    What? Its old? I demand that there be something new! Yep same gameplay according to the above.

Good things come to those who wait?

#40 11 months ago
  41. Sanwiches

Alright Steph, you’ve got to stop thinking this footage is new! It’s not lol, I think this is the third article you’ve put it in.

#41 11 months ago
  42. monkeygourmet

Steph obviously thinks all ‘titans’ look the same… So racist!

Come on Steph, can you tell the difference? :)

#42 11 months ago
  43. Gekidami

You know, people love to rat on CoD’s visuals, but this game quite frankly looks less impressive than Ghosts. The game looks good but its pure hypocrisy that the games sub par visuals get ignored whilst CoD’s are the first thing to get pointed out.

#43 11 months ago
  44. monkeygourmet

COD relies more on ‘pre scripted’ sequences. Scenes tend to play out the same whereas Titanfall should be more organic from an gameplay perspective.

#44 11 months ago
  45. TEMPUS M0RIENDI

GIMMIE, GIMMIE, GIMMIE!!! Just ordered Titanfall Collector at Game Stop

#45 11 months ago
  46. Pytox

close to my birthday so this will be my birthday gift for me :p

#46 11 months ago
  47. DSB

@44 And there’s no campaign, so you don’t have to worry about making two different games playing by different rules.

Another reason why this is interesting. All thriller, no filler.

#47 11 months ago
  48. Dave Cook

Im seriously starting to think some of you are actually insane. Calling this game sub standard or saying it has weak visuals is just utter nonsense. I’ve played it. The verticality adds a surprising new layer of depth to traversal and twitch tension. I’d liken it to the jump pads in Quake 3 in terms of speed and having to think a few steps ahead. Double jumping and wall running may sound basic on paper but they add so much. It’s incredible how much once you take your pad in hand and start playing.

Next, the visuals. I played this on top spec on PC and to say it looks slightly improved over current gen is – again – utter bollocks. They’ve done wonders on Source engine here. You’ll see dropships in the horizon casting shadows over the map as lots of troops pour out. The map feels part of a bigger war but it never interferes with the gunplay. There’s not a million killstreaks going off around you, pounding your brain matter into flour. There are no killstreaks and the gunplay is more basic, like it was in CoD 4. No crap, just who is the better aim.

Its just CoD with mechs. No, it isnt. The Titans add so much. They’re easily killed if you team up and hammer them with anti titan weapons. Teamwork is still important here. Its not as embedded as BF, but again its a twitch shooter.

I could go on. The reason is that finally theres a shooter that has a huge chance to break the CoD vs BF battle that has dominated the pack and make the console shooter scene interesting again. If thats a bad thing then I’m not sure what a good thing is any more. Some of you moan about stagnation but moan when a new thing comes along.

It baffles and gets me down in equal measure. I just dont get what it is you want or why some of you cant give the benefit of the doubt.

Now if you’ll excuse me, I have to meet Pat for hotel brand bacon and eggs.

#48 11 months ago
  49. Legendaryboss

Titanfall fans this collector’s edition is GAME Exclusive in UK, get ready to fork out exactly £250.

@Dave
    Dave and Pat on a breakfast date, ooh hoped you enjoyed it :)

#49 11 months ago
  50. zinc

Has anyone got footage of this running on a Xbone please?

Not pc, or a pc pretending its a Xbone neither :)

#50 11 months ago
  51. G1GAHURTZ

Go Dave!

#51 11 months ago
  52. bitsnark

Yep! Having also played the game myself I can easily say that Dave’s comments absolutely echo my own.

You really can’t appreciate Titanfall until you’ve played it.

Approximations or presumptions based on what you’ve *seen* just doesn’t cut it.

At all.

#52 11 months ago
  53. G1GAHURTZ

^ I can believe it!

The game looks hype to me.

The people moaning probably don’t even like FPSs, anyway…

#53 11 months ago
  54. TMRNetShark

This game does look like it will be a lot of fun to play. Hopefully it truly will be!

#54 11 months ago