Mon, Oct 14, 2013 | 02:16 BST
God of War: Ascension goes digital in October as Sony Santa Monica moves on to other projects
Sony Santa Monica has ceased working on God of War: Ascension and has moved on to other projects, such as The Order: 1886 for one. However, this is not entirely the end of content for Kratos, as the team’s community strategist Aaron Kaufman outlined today, also noting a digital release of the game on PSN later this month.
While the production of maps, weapons, armors, marks and other DLC for God of War: Ascension multiplayer will cease, Sony Santa Monica, the team will still support the game starting with the following incoming updates:
- Upcoming Balance Update – Currently working on balance improvements that will tune-up all the Allegiances. This balance update will release later this month. Rest assured, things like the Ares Olympus Armor -20 (PR) are being heavily diagnosed.
- Dedicated Online Support – Team will be monitoring online 24/7 and any new major balance exploits discovered in the weeks or months ahead, will be assessed for fixing.
- PSN Digital Release in October – This month, a digital download version of God of War: Ascension will be released on October 15 for North America, with other regions to follow soon after.
- All DLC items will receive special pricing options upon digital version release in their region (NA pricing options released on October 22, 2013).
- The God of War: Ascension Soundtrack will be made available as a free download for all on PSN for a limited time only.
- Double XP Weekend returns October 18 to October 21 worldwide.
Once the God of War: Ascension digital download version lands on the PlayStation Store, all of the above content will be unleashed to players.