GAME’s next lock-in event stars Xbox One and some of its exclusives

Wednesday, 9th October 2013 14:07 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Xbox One is the the star of the next set of lock-ins from UK-retailer GAME. The first of 60 lock-ins will start next week in Dundee, and continue through November 20. While locked inside the store, attendees will be able to try out the console as well as exclusives such as Forza 5, Ryse, Dead Rising 3 and Killer Instinct. Each event supports 70 attendees so if one location fills up, you can always try another, but be sure to reserve your place by visiting your local store or registering through GAME’s Twitter. Xbox One launches November 22. Thanks, MCV.

1. monkeygourmet

I can smell the sweat from here…

#1 10 months ago
  2. XanderZane

They don’t do crazy stuff like this in the U.S. I’ve never seen it. I remember back in the days when arcades were still popular they did do 24hr and 48hr events. Haven’t see any retailers ever do a Lock-In though.

#2 10 months ago
  3. thesnowman

Yeah I have never seen anything like this state side. Kind of wish gamestop would do something similar. Although #1 has a point, it would be a sweaty affair.

#3 10 months ago
  4. Arcnail

I can’t imagine you would be ‘locked’ in as that would be a pretty big fire hazard.

Regardless, seems a pretty stupid thing to do. If the event is so good, I shouldn’t want to go anywhere anyway. Xbone, PS4, whatever it is. What if the games suck.. I’m stuck in there?? Ya right.

#4 10 months ago
  5. Major Mayhem 70

I see we have Debbie Downer responding today. Lol. I think this is a great idea and Gamestop needs to reward its most valued customers (those with the highest power points) an invite to a lock in. Most GameStop’s are small so adjust the amount of invites accordingly.

#5 10 months ago