Xbox One Dev Kit footage leaked online

Monday, 7th October 2013 00:27 GMT By Ewan Miller

Another kid has definitely broken an NDA and possibly endangered a parent’s job by posting footage of an Xbox One dev kit online. Check out some decent close up footage of the system before it gets taken down after the jump.

While he tries to pass it off as the retail release he obtained for “reasons”, a white sticker that he attempts to hide behind some cabling sadly gives it away as a dev kit, possibly for in-store demos.

Thanks, NeoGAF.

1. Lewis247

Oh god listening to the commentary has the same effect as scratching a blackboard. Horrifying.

#1 1 year ago
  2. Dark

I feel sorry for his Dad/Mother.

#2 1 year ago
  3. Telepathic.Geometry

Yeah, it’s not THAT big a deal, but if someone loses their job behind this, it’ll be an awful shame. Irresponsible kids, hah.

#3 1 year ago
  4. yeoung

Great presentation skills, should consider a career in marketing once his testicles descend.

#4 1 year ago
  5. Doppleganger

nothing to see here. and its more like irresponsible parents.

#5 1 year ago
  6. DarkSoulz

I WANT ONE!

#6 1 year ago
  7. Silent Killer01

it’s huge and still needs an external power supply(brick) BS!

#7 1 year ago
  8. Antinoitikos

You do realize that external power supply saves you from a world of tears when a surge happens to make it through? I’d take the brick over purchasing an entire system any day.

#8 1 year ago
  9. Telepathic.Geometry

I think Killer’s point was that it is huge. Nobody cares about having power-bricks, at least I wouldn’t have thought so…

#9 1 year ago
  10. GrimRita

Looks like the quality of the plastics have come from Fisher Price. cheap cheap cheap

#10 1 year ago
  11. Templar_Dante

Poor parents of this dumbass kid.

#11 1 year ago
  12. Templar_Dante

@ ANTINOITIKOS Im not so sure about that.. My house got struck by lightning last year, My 360 got the RROD after I switched it on to check on it, Insurance had to replace the entire unit. My slim PS3 kept malfunctioning, the blu-ray drive just stopped responding or worked at random. It also had to get replaced. My pc survived but just the PSU blew. The consoles are alot more sensitive to surges than you think.

#12 1 year ago
  13. Dragon

@8,
    Both have the brick. X1 has it outside, PS4 has it inside.

#13 1 year ago
  14. Kreion

True but lighting isn’t going to spread uniformally through the entire house, so that’s not the most useful test in the world xD I would have thought the fuses in the plugs would have burnt out though?

#14 1 year ago
  15. Dunno

lol he’ll make a rotten journalist

#15 1 year ago
  16. monkeygourmet

I wonder how well the PS4 will cope with heat?

Smaller box, more powerful and the PSU inside. I don’t know how they have managed that quite frankly.

On the other hand it looks like MS were so paranoid about overheating they created a huge box and a massive psu on the outside! But, I suppose if it helps minimise faults, you can see why they did it.

I wonder what the first faults will be? Firmware bricking is the obvious choice.

#16 1 year ago
  17. DrDamn

Isn’t the X1 chip bigger due to the eSRAM though? 5 billion transistors! I think both parties will be well aware of heat issues. MS a little more on the paranoid side.

#17 1 year ago
  18. monkeygourmet

5 billion transistors! :D

and a secret GPU that they don’t want to talk about! ;)

#18 1 year ago
  19. DrDamn

Overall the X1 should run cooler apparently …
    http://www.anandtech.com/show/6972/xbox-one-hardware-compared-to-playstation-4/4 (power and thermals section)

Oh but I did forget about that secret GPU!

#19 1 year ago
  20. Hcw87

Somehow i doubt any of the next gen consoles will have heat issues though, surely they would have tested the hell out of them to avoid that.

#20 1 year ago
  21. DrDamn

Yeah they both have very low power modes and should be able to run at variable power a lot better than existing consoles. The CPU in particular is very power efficient and that was a big part in it’s choice.

#21 1 year ago
  22. monkeygourmet

The day 1 patches and installs (especially wiping the DRM in Xbone) are going to be a nail biting time!

My Wii U crapped out after an ‘update’, I think once your over that hurdle, it’ll hopefully be smooth sailing! :)

Mandatory updates and installs with thousands of people trying to download and install at the same time! I hope they are ready!

It’s going to be:

Buy your console on day 1, play it on day 2!!!

#22 1 year ago
  23. DrDamn

“Buy your console on day 1, play it on day 2!!!”

Heh. I started trying to patch and get my WiiU working day one at about 10pm. I was playing my first game at about 1:30am day two :). Not helped by the WiiU not liking the standard Virgin Media router.

#23 1 year ago