The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds screens, new details released by Nintendo

Tuesday, 1st October 2013 17:56 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Nintendo announced today during its Nintendo Direct session that The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds will allow players to puck up items to aid in the besting of dungeons through a new shop in the game owned by a character named Ravio.

Through Ravio’s shop, rent or buy items from the start. Iwata also said that how players will tackle a dungeon will be up to them.

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds lands on 3DS in North America and Europe November 22.

The video from today’s ND session is below, courtesy of Nintendo Everything, alongside screenshots which are courtesy of Gematsu.

1. monkeygourmet

I don’t like the sound of having all the items available from the ‘off’… I liked discovering each item in the dungeons. I can see why they want to try something new, but maybe it would have been better saved for the Wii U game…

This sounds like it’s for younger players… Even younger than Nintendo’s perceived audience. Basically foetus edition…

#1 11 months ago
  2. Lengendaryboss

I was going to gif you, but thought nope.

“Even younger than Nintendo’s perceived audience”
    Okay now i have to :)

#2 11 months ago
  3. Stephany Nunneley

@1 I think it’s optional, from what I understood. I may be wrong, which is like 99% of the time anyway. :)

#3 11 months ago
  4. monkeygourmet

I hope so as I love the look of the game and Link to the past was one of my first console RPGS I enjoyed. Can’t wait to visit the same town once again!

#4 11 months ago
  5. Blackened Halo

#1 stop mumbling ….I think the Nintendo’s new idea for this Zelda game is awesome :) freedom of a choice, freedom of your movement and progress, thats what i want to have :P

Anyway I have been playing Zelda Oracle of Ages for some time and this classic system Iwata was talking about is really old now. I only welcome this new idea, I love it :)

#5 11 months ago