Batman: Arkham Origins PlayStation-exclusive Knightfall Pack detailed, trailered

Tuesday, 24th September 2013 17:27 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Batman: Arkham Origins has a new trailer showing off the Batman skins: Knightfall Batman and Classic TV Series Batman which are part of the PlayStation exclusive Knightfall Pack. It also features three Combat Maps and two Predator Maps.

Here’s the official blurb: “You’ll fight Bane, Venom users, and Blackgate prisoners in a crime-ridden Gotham City, where Bane’s forces have seized control of several key locations where only Batman can stop them. Fight your way through three combat maps, stealth across two predator maps, and push yourself to the breaking point in a new challenge campaign.”

Batman: Arkham Origins releases worldwide on October 25 for for PC, PS3, Wii U and Xbox 360.

1. Doppleganger

Classic Batman for the win!

All we need is Michael Keaton version and we are good.
    I would appreciate to have that released on the Xbox360 : )

#1 7 months ago
  2. pcbros

@1 – +1 on Michael Keaton Batman!

#2 7 months ago
  3. BucklingSwashes

Agreed regarding wishing this would end up on the 360 as well. I found it odd back when the PS3 version of Arkham Asylum had the playable Joker challenge maps as an exclusive as well. It certainly doesn’t seem like these sorts of things are done because of any differences in the hardware itself, especially since it’s essentially just DLC in the end.

Whatever the case, I’m guessing Sony has some kind of deal with WB Interactive to allow for this sort of thing, and if the way the Joker content for Asylum worked is any indication, the Knightfall pack won’t be coming to any other platforms. I’m a bit surprised this sort of thing is happening seeing as how there were no specific PS3 exclusives for Arkham City. Then again, what with the WiiU version of Arkham Origins shipping without multiplayer (something that still seems very odd to me, especially considering that it’s being touted as such a major part of the package), it seems that the PS3 version of the game is arguably the only one with which you can get the “full” package, at least for now.

Between console exclusives and the ridiculous number of different preorder bonuses available for various retailers, the sort of crap gamers have to wade through just to decide where to buy a game from and what version to get honestly stops seeming like it’s worth it after a while. I’m already on the fence about Origins, and the notion of having to sift through bits of information about retailers and console exclusives makes me less interested rather than moreso. Considering that all of Arkham City’s preorder bonuses became available at a later date – many of them being alternate costumes that all ended up being put into one single-purchase pack, meaning many players essentially ended up “paying” for the skins they already had anyway – it really just doesn’t seem worth it for me to bother going through the trouble of preordering Origins, especially since I’m still not convinced that it will be worth a $60 purchase anyway. I hope WB Interactive (and many other publishers) start rethinking how they sell their titles. The relative difficulty in determining where or what version of a game one should get seems like it makes most potential buyers less interested rather than moreso.

#3 7 months ago
  4. Mr Sparkle

Campy Batman and Not-Really-Batman?? No thanks!!! How about Bat-Mite while we’re at it!

#4 7 months ago
  5. absolutezero

Knightfall is my favourite Bat series.

I’m buying the PC version. :/ NNRRRRUUGHGHGHGHHHHHH

#5 7 months ago
  6. revolting

Needs more BIFF! POW! SOCK! and accompanying trumpet.

#6 7 months ago
  7. Vice

Adam West’s Batman skin? I’d pay money to NOT have this comedy shit in my game.

#7 7 months ago