Knack screens and art show local co-op character

Monday, 23rd September 2013 06:11 GMT By Brenna Hillier

New Knack assets emerged from the Tokyo Game Show over the weekend, showing off the Robo Knack character available to a second player in cough co-op play.

Local co-op in Knack is drop-in, drop-out and adds the second Knack character shown in the screens below; it’s the silver one. If the primary Knack takes damage, the second can offer up its own relics. The co-op mode is included to help younger players through the game, apparently.

Knack is a PlayStation 4 launch title, so it’s due in November. Creator and lead systems engineer Mark Cerny has said it harkens back to character action games like Crash Bandicoot, and is also designed to counter the core-heavy launch line up.

A new trailer was released at TGS 2013, too.

Thanks, Gematsu.

1. Telepathic.Geometry

I may end up getting this game for free, so I have no cause to complain, but I feel like this game is gonna really weak tea.

#1 10 months ago
  2. SuperGamerDude

It’s looking really nice in those pics… Hope they’re the actual graphics.

Now it’s not my type of game but I might, just might, get this.

#2 10 months ago
  3. AngryConsumer

the last pic is very impressive, it must be at last 1000 graphical pieces on that 3d sculpture. that move and have 3 different textures that change after the lights.

#3 10 months ago
  4. Fyre

Knack is going to be great, it’s just too bad people are writing it off for stupid reasons.

#4 10 months ago
  5. fearmonkey

I know it’s not as flashy as other games, but so far this is going to be my first PS4 title I buy. I loved Kameo and this reminds me alot of that title. The graphics look like a Pixar movie and the particle effects look lovely.

This and that Plants vs Zombies shooter game From EA look really fun. So far for me, I’ll be getting Knack and deciding later on the others. I’ll eventually get Killzone, but the third party titles like Watch Dogs, Battlezone 4, and the like I am going to wait and see how the different versions compare.

#5 10 months ago