Gadget Show Live – 86% of attendees will choose between PS4 and Xbox One after hands-on at show

Friday, 6th September 2013 14:57 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Gadget Show Live organizers have announced research results indicating that 93% (30,690) of visitors to its event are “avid gamers,” and 73% of visitors (24,090) of visitors are considering buying a PlayStation 4. Other figures show 69% (22,770) are considering both the pros and cons of purchasing an Xbox One and 86% of gamers said their decision on which console to purchase will be made after playing the new consoles at Gadget Show Live which takes place November 1-3 November, at Earls Court, London.

1. KAP

This’ll all depend on how shrewd the reps are on the day unfortunately.

#1 7 months ago
  2. AngryConsumer

86% will pick the ps4, the rest will be either xbox one,wiiu or buy both if they are rich.

#2 7 months ago
  3. super3001

sony must be shitting selves

get away from pr bullshit and get down to hands on and people will see how outclassed ps3.5 is

xone games are just so much better. os and ui so much better. controller so much better

ps3.5 does not compare it is upressed last gen

#3 7 months ago
  4. GK

3,if PS4 is ps3.5,so then xshit is just ps vita upgrade with different name-xshit.but vita have a plus,vita does not burn :D

#4 7 months ago
  5. _LarZen_

Exciting times ahead, if Sony get so much more sales it means Microsoft is going to have to step it up.

And that means games games and more games.

#5 7 months ago
  6. Djoenz

Not to mention excluding Benelux and Scandinavian countries for +- 4 months..

#6 7 months ago
  7. GK

6,what are you talking about? i preorder PS4 and get it in desember,if its gonna be free PS4 i get it at launch.Scandinavia.

#7 7 months ago
  8. Ekona

So am I reading that right, that 73% of respondents want the PS4 and 69% want the Xbone? If that’s right, then as I suspected the two consoles really won’t be differing in sales much at all, despite what the vocal internet majority are shouting.

Can you imagine just how successful the Xbone could’ve been if MS hadn’t goofed up every major PR event they’ve attended? If it’s this close despite all the cock-ups, MS must be kicking themselves wondering “What if…?”.

#8 7 months ago
  9. Djoenz

I was talking about Xbox One.

This is only for UK lol and those percentages of visitors isnt the whole console gamer community from UK. This is just a small indication of people’s preferences.

Im also wondering how many of these visitors havent and have already pre ordered.

#9 7 months ago
  10. viralshag

PS4 will “win”, clearly.

I’m in the XB1 camp and have one pre-ordered but I’m under no illusion that the PS4 will definitely sell more at launch and through the holidays.

As long as the people I game with online are getting one, I really couldn’t care who “wins”.

#10 7 months ago
  11. VibraniumSpork

@8 Yep, MS’s problems have been down to the PR far more than they have any real problems with their hardware or policies.

The PR and ‘attitude’ of Sony (along with the pricing) was also what I found so repellent about the PS3 when that launched. Interestingly enough, I heard recently that the guy who handled PR for Sony *then* is the same guy whole handles PR for Microsoft *now*. Screw EA; that guy’s the industry’s biggest problem ^_^

#11 7 months ago
  12. OmegaSlayer

Geez, you’re such a moron.
    Gadget Show Live organizers are not Sony reps.
    Keep living in denial ^____^

#12 7 months ago
  13. BurritoZ

#3 No need for you to rub your face all over MS nutsack. Lol by the way i laughed pretty hard when you said Xbone has better games.

#13 7 months ago
  14. bradk825

Studies also show that 130% of people don’t use statistics properly.

#14 7 months ago
  15. Djoenz

Did he say Xbone?? AAWW SNAP!

#15 7 months ago
  16. OrangeCrush

In all honesty, I think most “avid” gamers knew even before the consoles were announced which consoles they were buying, at least to some degree. There is a lot of brand loyalty in the gaming business. The ridiculous consoles wars, which seem to be fought to some degree or another on every video game site in existence, is proof of that fact. I think this is the case even with more rational and mature gamers (ones that don’t take part in the stupid console wars). Most of my friends, who are pretty much all die hard gamers, knew which consoles they were buying a long time ago and yes, you can include me in that group as well. I knew I was going with the next iteration of the XBox at launch (and a PS4 probably in year 2) even before it was announced. The reason for that is simply because my experience with my 360 has been phenomenal in every regard. Its been the best console I have ever owned so I saw no reason not to continue supporting XBox.

I don’t believe that hands on at a video game conference can take precedence over the experience people have had playing games the last 8+ years. I think our experience with previous consoles plays a HUGE role in what console we ultimately decide to buy. I am betting most of the people considering buying a PS4, already own a PS3 and most of the people considering buying an XBox One, already own a 360.

#16 7 months ago
  17. Tech-N9ne

@16 +1000

My view and experience exactly. Same reason I’m getting an X1.

I never knew I could ever have read such a smart and well thought out comment on VG247.

#17 7 months ago
  18. bradk825

@10 indeed. My friends and I have all order XB1 and the same 3 games for launch, intentionally, so we can play together. Who sells more boxes, I could give a shit.

#18 7 months ago
  19. polygem

people should just pick up wiiu’s

#19 7 months ago
  20. polygem

@16. i loved the 360 (before the ads). was 100% sure to buy their nextbox at launch…then they revealed the one.

#20 7 months ago
  21. zinc

@16, Poly… You know those people who walk around with placards telling us the end is nigh & we should all turn to Jesus?

Their less irritating than you & your WiiU spiel, right now :)

#21 7 months ago
  22. Lengendaryboss

@Polygem
    I had to :P

#22 7 months ago
  23. Lengendaryboss

I wouldn’t say its irritating but predictable but then again so are the people with picards so…

But it shows that he loves Nintendo products, maybe too much :P

#23 7 months ago
  24. super3001

I would walk around with a picard. blind people with his shiny bald head

#24 7 months ago
  25. pcbros

“86% of gamers said their decision on which console to purchase will be made after playing the new consoles at Gadget Show Live”

People basing their choice on which console has better games and features and not on company loyality… that’s refreshing to hear.

#25 7 months ago
  26. polygem

it comes in waves. right now, i just really really feel like that so what can i do. i can’t believe how bored i became of the ps3 and the 360 in the last year or two. tons of games i used to love disappointed me: halo 4, fable, ratchet, resistance…and many more. i also just cannot really see exciting stuff for their next machines yet. i want to but i can’t. that’s just how it is. i enjoy the 3ds like crazy for a while now and i picked up a wiiu again and enjoy that thing as well and i am very excited about the upcoming games…yeah i am an annoying little nintendo prick atm but i am in no way a fanboy. i bitch about stuff i don’t like and i give credit to the things i enjoy. nintendo are doing a lot of things right at the moment imho. so, yeah, i mean it, i think more people should pick up wiiu’s. i feel like lots of people are writing it off for the wrong reasons. ms’ and sonys’ next gen just doesn’t look that hot to me. nintendo is a great alternative. honestly.

Edit: but i actually agree. i am overacting a bit, i’ll try to cut it down just a little bit. i’ll try. try, i said. a little bit.

#26 7 months ago
  27. Doppleganger

I myself see the PS3 consoles selling more but I guaranty more games will sell on the XboxOne.

#27 7 months ago
  28. Major Mayhem 70

I’m not rich just greedy. Getting both.

#28 7 months ago
  29. smithy2483

Got both pre-ordered and days off booked for 22nd and 29th

My wallet is already weeping! But these consoles are roughly 2-3 years late in my view so i’m not missing out on either

#29 7 months ago
  30. polygem

i would recommend buying only one of those and a wiiu…Xone and ps4 are almost identical products.

#30 7 months ago
  31. monkeygourmet

PS4 for me, my girlfriends going for the X1 so I’ll be able to sign it on that.

#31 7 months ago
  32. polygem

i really think i’ll wait…too bad, wanted to “jump in” at launch but i never really enjoyed playstations and the X1 looks totally unbuyable atm…
    maybe when the first, white, slim xbox one launches, or if this windwaker ico game turns out to be good.

#32 7 months ago
  33. pcbros

@27 – If Sony would have reduced the price of the PS3 correctly, I’d get one. But $200 for a 12GB HDD, no game and no PS Plus subscription is pointless. I can get a 250GB bundle with Uncharted 3 and 1-yr PS Plus for $50 more.

I think Sony dropped the ball with that “price drop”. It’s like calling the 2DS a 3DS price drop ;)

#33 7 months ago