Mighty No. 9 hits $900k funding goal with 29 days left

Monday, 2nd September 2013 16:30 GMT By Dave Cook

Mighty No. 9 has been funded on Kickstarter. It’s Keiji Inafune’s spiritual successor to Mega Man and it’s clearly got a lot of people excited.

At the time of writing the Kickstarter page has amassed $906,934 of its $900,000 goal with 29 days spare.

You can check out an interview with Inafune on the game’s features and inspiration for the game’s protagonist Beck here.

Did you back the game? Let us know below.

1. Lengendaryboss

Impresssive.

#1 11 months ago
  2. DSB

The Kickstarter page says it’s been running since August 31st, is that an error?

*edit*

Nah, seems to be correct according to the updates, so it really wasn’t funded in less than a day.

#2 11 months ago
  3. Unknown_Gamer

Its a miracle :O

#3 11 months ago
  4. Dave Cook

@3 You boy, what day is this?

#4 11 months ago
  5. NeoSquall

@4 It’s Christmas morning, sir!

#5 11 months ago
  6. Unknown_Gamer

@4 Lol Dave Probably Thanksgiving in Japan xD

I’m sure Keiji Inafune will be jumping from happiness , he surely getting goosebumps from these numbers :D

He is like ” IN YOUR FACE CRAPCOM ” xD

#6 11 months ago
  7. NeoSquall

I see people who don’t know A Christmas Carol :facepalm:

#7 11 months ago
  8. stockops3

@7 Take this money and go back Kenji’s game now, the biggest back you can!

#8 11 months ago
  9. ayb91

We won’t need to beg for crapcom anymore. STAY AWAY FROM HIM CRAPCOM !! HE DOESN’T BELONG TO YOU ANYMORE !! I really wish him all the best.

#9 11 months ago
  10. yeoung

For better or worse, I believe Capcom to still be a positive force in the industry. That is to say, from a development standpoint, not so much its marketing strategies.

#10 11 months ago
  11. Sublimeone

No offense, and not taking anything away, BUT was any one Surprised.
    I wasn’t.

I can’t remember which site it was that announced the kickstarter had gone live. No sooner later when I checked the number. It was in thousands. I think around 300 the last time I checked, then saw the story here when the numbers were about 600.

Surely from the rate of progression, it was bound to happen. No need for speculation now, that it surely even reach the bonus pledges all the way.

This reminds me of the review Zero Punctuation did on R.O.T.D when he said (paraphrasing here) Go to Kickstarter, mention remake. Money will be thrown at YOU.

#11 11 months ago
  12. fihar

Nostalgia project like this seems to be the only thing that can garner these kinds of support on Kickstarter.
    All those talk about wanting new IPs and yet these kinds of things keep happening.

Make up your mind, people!

#12 11 months ago
  13. waffleryebread

@12 This isn’t a new IP… how? I get what you’re saying that, but I really want to know what Inafune is bringing to the table here. Will it be earth shattering new ideas for gameplay? Probably not, the world is pretty much done with that outside of narrative gameplay, motion control and puzzle games. Will it be a fun, fresh take on classic gameplay, full of soul relevant to 2015 and enjoyable for all ages? That’s certainly what I’m hoping for.

#13 11 months ago
  14. TheWulf

I’m amused at the comments, and also pleased by this development. I’ve long since been a fan of the Megaman games, and I can’t wait to see what Inafune does with this.

In Capcom’s defence, though, they have been developing good Megaman games right up to and including Megaman ZX Advent for the DS. Sometimes I don’t quite understand the hate for them.

#14 11 months ago