Xbox One controller stars in new hands-on video, infographic from Microsoft

Saturday, 24th August 2013 15:00 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Xbox One’s controller has been given it’s very own video, courtesy of chat between Graeme “AceyBongos” Boyd and senior product designer Quintin Morris – who seriously looks enough like Daniel Craig to be his younger brother. In the video, posted below, the two discuss how the technology inherent in the peripheral makes the new Xbox One controller “the best” yet. There’s also am infographic for the controller which Major Nelson posted yesterday. We’re still trying to find a higher resolution shot of it for you. Anyway, check both out below.

1. Hcw87

Might want to embed this too.

#1 11 months ago
  2. Stephany Nunneley

@1 Awesome! Thanks. I couldn’t find a large shot of it yesterday before quitting time hit, so it was on my “list” for today. The wording in the boxes is still rather small on my end. I assume it’s not on everyone else’s.

#2 11 months ago
  3. Lengendaryboss

Fuzzy again? Please no one tell me i need the power of teh cloud to witness it in its full HD Glory :D

Yeah i can see perfectly but fuzzy… But opening it into another tab its less fuzzy so no cloud :)

#3 11 months ago
  4. wamp

It’s basically the same video that Major Nelson did for the controller, just with different people in it.

Great controller though

#4 11 months ago
  5. TheKeyPit

Had my hands on it at gamescom. Feels like a 360-Controller. The rumble in the Triggers is very nice. In my opinion a great next gen Xbox-Controller.

#5 11 months ago
  6. Major Mayhem 70

Speaking for myself, the 360 controller is the best controller for FPS hands down. Like wise, the ds3 controller makes better use of its D pad when it comes to fighting games and even playing Madden. But if this new Xbox One controllers D pad makes light work of fighting games and doesn’t stray too far from the 360′s feel, it could be the best controller ever made. We’ll see come November.

#6 11 months ago
  7. Major Mayhem 70

Should I say the rest of the controllers feel doesn’t stray from the 360′s feel. The only flaw that I could find in the current controller is the D pad. I’m starting to believe that the positioning of the Dual Shocks D pad and the positioning of the 360′s left analog stick is why they are good depending on what genre your playing. There’s a MLG controller that allows you to swap the D pad for the left analog. I wish both consoles had picked up on that idea.

#7 11 months ago
  8. Gheritt White

Ugh… the pad is the *one* thing going fro the Xbone now, and MS know it. Still, not enough for me to stick with the platform when the PS4 has InFamous: Second Son and The Order: 1886.

#8 11 months ago
  9. Kreion

You wouldn’t be sticking with it in the first place, Infamous would most appeal to people who had a PS3(because it’s a sequel exclusive), so I’m guessing you either had both consoles or only a PS3.

#9 11 months ago
  10. European

PS4 controller >>>>>>>>>wiiu>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>xbot>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>kb and mouse

#10 11 months ago
  11. PS4FANB0Y

I personally prefer the Xbox 360 controllers. I have larger hands and the analog sticks on the PS3 pad are too close for comfort.

#11 11 months ago
  12. PS4FANB0Y

@10 – I’m glad your account was deleted. Go upgrade your 1985 Packard Bell PC.

#12 11 months ago
  13. Jesus Christ

This is easily the best controller ever made. A while back, Yoshida even admitted that The One’s controller was better than ps4′s. I can only imagine how hard it must have been for him to admit.

#13 11 months ago
  14. polygem

haha, that guy’s a good salesman.

#14 11 months ago
  15. Gheritt White

@9: I’m sorry fucknuts, but who the FUCK are you? Some kind of n00b? Welcome to Vg24/7 – as anybody who’s been posting here for more than five minutes knows I switched from PS2 to Xbox the minute Halo was released and have been gaming exclusively on X360 this past gen, so you don’t know what the flying fuck you’re talking about.

Back in your goddamn fucking box, immediately.

JESUS, how DARE you presume to know about me or my gaming habits! The sheer cheek of it! Literally, stop reading, get some lube and go fuck yourself.

PS: InFamous 2 appeals to me because it looks like a ton of fun – like the first Crackdown but with a decent plot and better powers. Tosser.

#15 11 months ago
  16. PS4FANB0Y

@14 – Enjoy your last hours… save up for a PC. No matter what your mom tells you, Windows 95 is not the latest operating system.

#16 11 months ago
  17. PS4FANB0Y

@18 – “Terriost”

lol!

#17 11 months ago
  18. Fragpuss

all i could hear in my head while reading post #18 was the voice of Captain Haddock from TinTin shouting “TERRORIST!!! HACKERS!!! PIRATES!!! BLUE BLISTERING BARNACLES!!!

#18 11 months ago
  19. Eddie Rodrigues

@22 Epic troll, mate

#19 11 months ago
  20. PS4FANB0Y

@22 – U-r-a-pee’n on yourself…

#20 11 months ago
  21. pukem0n

vg247 still doing nothing against the comment spam?

how much further down does the quality of the comments have to go before you guys take action?

#21 11 months ago
  22. cluggy89

my favourite thing about the new controller? the white glowing light that shines through the metal symbol, looks so nice XD the improvements are awesome too.

#22 11 months ago