It seems only yesterday that Game Dev Tycoon successfully cleared Steam Greenlight. In fact it was May. Now Greenheart Games has announced that the game developer simulator will launch on Steam on August 29.
“We saw the Steam release as an opportunity to polish the game a little more and respond to player feedback,” says a statement on the official website. The updated version will include:
– A longer story line, extending the playtime and adding new story elements as well as new platforms.
– New artwork (by our original talented artists).
– Ability to unlock multi-platform games.
– Rebalanced topics and platforms to make choices more interesting and results more understandable.
– Rebalanced review system to address sudden spikes in difficulty.
– New game mechanics (Post-release game reports and company expertise) to provide more feedback to the player.
– Small but often requested changes such as support for longer game names and ability to edit game name before release.
The statement also says that many ideas from fans might be more suited for a sequel to the game, rather than inclusion in this one. “Game Dev Tycoon 2 some time in the future is very likely but it won’t be our next project.”
Game Dev Tycoon made headlines earlier in the year when it was discovered to feature game-breaking measures if the game had been pirated. In-game releases would be completely destroyed by piracy. This led to hundreds of players complaining online that piracy within the game had ruined their playing experience.
The game will be available on Steam August 29 at the price of $9.99. A launch discount will knock 20% off that.
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.