EU PS Plus update: Assassin’s Creed 3, Jak & Daxter trilogy, more

Thursday, 22nd August 2013 12:34 GMT By Dave Owen

Sony has announced what goodies will be coming to PlayStation Plus in Europe for September. Get all your free gaming goodness after the break.

From the August 28 PS Plus members will be able to get their hands on:

PlayStation 3

- Assassin’s Creed 3
- Jak & Daxter Trilogy (Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy, Jak 2, Jak 3)
- Stealth Inc: A Clone in the Dark

PS Vita

- Urban Trial Freestyle
- New Little King’s Story

For this week only, PS Plus members have exclusive access to the Killzone Mercenary beta on Vita and a Puppeteer demo on PS3.

Games leaving PS Plus from August 28 are Need for Speed Most Wanted, ICO and Shadow of the Colossus HD collection, Demon’s Souls, LEGO Lord of the Rings, and When Vikings Attack.

Read the official update on the PS Blog.

1. FuntimeBen

I’m really hoping that the US PS+ also gets AC3. I’ve been mildly more interested in the game since AC4′s announcement.

#1 1 year ago
  2. Luciferous

And here’s me considering buying the Jak trilogy… NOT ANYMORE!

#2 1 year ago
  3. VibraniumSpork

@2 I’m the same for Stealh Inc. – was *that* close to buying the other day ^_^

#3 1 year ago
  4. onlineatron

any idea how games that have only just launched, like stealth inc., make bank in these promotions?

#4 1 year ago
  5. DrDamn

They presumably get a decent amount from Sony for putting them in there. For smaller games like this I think that would have more than covered dev costs. They also have the opportunity to sell DLC if available and get exposure for themselves.

Past a certain point in their release cycle they are unlikely to make much more. So a lump sum for inclusion in PS+ is good. They will also get more sales from word of mouth to non-PS+ subs.

#5 1 year ago
  6. VibraniumSpork

@5 “They also have the opportunity to sell DLC if available and get exposure for themselves.” – Good point. I bought the Thomas Was Alone DLC and all of the add-ons for Saints Row The Third after getting the games through PS+

#6 1 year ago
  7. Lv01

the jak trilogy and stealth inc..! thank you sony!

#7 1 year ago
  8. actuallyisnotafox

@2 I was considering buying it for the vita D: damn i still have too!

#8 1 year ago
  9. Lloytron

Nice. Xbox Gold members got Assassin’s Creed 2 this month, PS Plus users get 3 :D

#9 1 year ago
  10. DrDamn

You have to wonder if that was pure coincidence.

#10 1 year ago
  11. marijnlems

Fantastic! I’m really going to enjoy Jak & Daxter, Stealth Inc. and Little King’s Story, all games I was planning to buy sooner or later.

#11 1 year ago
  12. marijnlems

#9 and #10 I hadn’t considered that! That’s HILARIOUS.

#12 1 year ago
  13. MFBB

#12 and great for us gamers

Microsoft doing something similar/trying to catch up to PS+ —-> more competition and free games on both consoles.

Now I only need a 12 month Vavle Steam subscribtion 50€ with 64 free PC games for the year and I dont have to buy games anymore :)

#13 1 year ago