Xbox One launch line-up: AC4, BF4, CoD: Ghosts, FIFA 14, Forza 5, and more

Tuesday, 20th August 2013 11:23 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Microsoft has outlined Xbox One’s European launch software line-up, and it’s bristling with big-name sequels and franchises as well as a few indie titles.

Although many of these titles were known or strongly suspected to arrive with the Xbox One, others are more surprising. Panzer Dragoon successor Crimson Dragon has been AWOL for years now, so it’s good to see it secure a release date in particular. The full line-up is below. The Xbox One launches in November.

• Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag
  • Skylanders: Swap Force
  • Watch Dogs
  • Zoo Tycoon
  • Zumba Fitness: World Party

Thanks, Johnny.

1. redwood

seriosuly man. why was this not live streamed, sounds like a good conference to see.

#1 1 year ago
  2. viralshag

AC4, BF4, COD:G, DR3, FIFA14, FORZA, LEGO, NFS:R, Ryse and Watchdogs…

Consider me hyped as fuck for the next gen. Bring it.

#2 1 year ago
  3. diego-rbb-93

Its true that a lot of them are multi but, is really a stronge start. Hoping the same from PS4.

If I could, I would take Dead Rising 3, AC4 and Watch Dogs as first titles to buy. Hell, the 3 are sandboxes. xD

#3 1 year ago
  4. Belazur

@redwood
    #2

Because it was a really boring conference

#4 1 year ago
  5. monkeygourmet

This is a pretty meaty launch line up.

There’s at least 4-5 games Im after here:

Ryse
    Forza 5
    Dead Rising 3
    Panzer Dragoon
    Killer Instinct

Is spark available on launch?

Overall, that is a very varied selection IMO, bravo MS.

#5 1 year ago
  6. Tech-N9ne

I count 7 exclusive there, that’s more than enough for launch.

Very solid line up.

#6 1 year ago
  7. DrDamn

Variety is very good.

More than that isn’t there?

Crimson Dragon
    Dead Rising 3
    Fighter Within
    Forza Motorsport 5
    Killer Instinct
    Lococycle
    Powerstar Golf
    Ryse: Son of Rome
    Zoo Tycoon

#7 1 year ago
  8. Tech-N9ne

@8 Indeed.

There definitely something for everyone.

#8 1 year ago
  9. Francis O

Most of those games you listed are for current-gen. lol, but I see what your saying.

#9 1 year ago
  10. absolutezero

Dead Rising 3, Crimson Dragon and Ryse.

I’ll pick everything else up for my PC. Not so hype. Same with the PS4 launch to be honest, it just a bit… current?

#10 1 year ago
  11. super3001

that is best launch line up in history.

good work ms it in the bag for holidays

#11 1 year ago
  12. viralshag

I would like to see some side by side comparisons of the 360/XB1 and PS3/PS4 titles just to see how much difference there is.

I mean at the end of the day, if you’re getting a new console at launch, and the price of the games is only £10 more, you might as well get it for the new console, right?

#12 1 year ago
  13. Fin

Yep. Though it’s more this generation is the best lineup history.
    I assume PS4 will be the same, minus Forza, Dead Rising, Ryse, +Killzone, +Driveclub, +Knack.

#13 1 year ago
  14. absolutezero

Perfect Dark Zero and Kameo D:

Resistance 1 and Heavenly Sword D: D:

#14 1 year ago
  15. viralshag

Kameo was a surprisingly good game actually…

#15 1 year ago
  16. monkeygourmet

They’ve both had about 4 years to prep for it! :P

#16 1 year ago
  17. absolutezero

viral pls

#17 1 year ago
  18. marijnlems

If this launch line-up offer something for everyone, I must not actually exist (cue existential crisis :-( ). The only thing I’m looking forward to is Watch_Dogs and that’s available on a raft of other platforms as well. There’s just not much here that seems to be innovating, or moving the medium forward: there’s only 4 new IPs, one of which is a Kinect fighter, one of which is pretty much a novelty game (Lococycle) and one of which is a QTE game (Ryse). To be fair, the PS4 launch line-up will probably not be much better, but we’ll know for sure later today.
    EDIT: At least Xbone’s future holds some promise: I’m really looking forward to D4, Quantum Break and Below in particular.

#18 1 year ago
  19. viralshag

@18, Did you even play it? Because generally review scores and at least myself would disagree with you.

#19 1 year ago
  20. DrDamn

I quite enjoyed Kameo – the first game of this current gen I completed :). It wasn’t without faults but it was a nice game considering it was launch.

#20 1 year ago
  21. viralshag

@21, Exactly. It was a launch game and from what I remember it took me by surprise. I think I got it wirh the console and wasn’t even bothered to play it at first then just smashed it out in a few sittings. It was far from a “bad” game.

#21 1 year ago
  22. SplatteredHouse

@15 Are you giving those as examples of bad games? Because, I found all of those to be highlights of their respective platforms, especially during year one, and RFOM was simply fantastic (notwithstanding the fact that it was a launch title).

#22 1 year ago