Guild Wars 2 infographic runs down the MMO’s first year

Friday, 16th August 2013 12:53 GMT By Dave Cook

Guild Wars 2 fans over at NeoGAF have created and published a snazzy infographic that runs down some key stats from the MMO’s first year.

Thanks to GAF for flagging this up. It comes ahead of August 20′s new Guild Wars 2 event, The Queen’s Speech. Check out the details here.

1. Quirah

it is made by NeoGAF users. not by anet.

#1 1 year ago
  2. Dave Cook

@1 Updated. Thanks.

#2 1 year ago
  3. Tavarish

I would argue that GW 2 has been decent success that comes with large amount of new, free, content.

#3 1 year ago
  4. dsr

Also there are ZERO things to do but grind dailies right now.

#4 1 year ago
  5. Neroist

@4 I run in an active online community. Out of the 28 out us that played GW2 only 3 stayed my than 2 months. For $50-$60 I got my monies worth you could say. But as an MMO I think it is pretty boring and without goals.

They could add encounters that have more mechanics than hit until it comes after you then run away. Healing others was a joke. What is the average you could someone else was something like 15% every 30 secs?

World bosses that are suppose to be for raiders. Are little my than a pinata..

All in all GW2 is the casual’s MMO. By the pricing model and and things to do within. Nothing wrong with games for casuals just not my cup of tea.

#5 1 year ago
  6. Dinasis

Honestly, I genuinely enjoyed Guild Wars 2 until they really started to double down on the whole Living Story thing…

I got together with three friends a couple weeks back and we stomped around for a while in PvE. Eventually, we passed through Lion’s Arch going between cities and one of my friends, who hadn’t been on since before Lion’s Arch started changing with the Living Story content, asked what’d happened. So we had one of those “I was here when [x] happened…” experiences that ArenaNet wants us to have with new/returning players. Ironically, none of us enjoyed it. What good does it do to tell someone about something they’ll never get to play for themselves? I always thought that was the point, especially of Guild Wars, to present a story for players to experience.

#6 1 year ago
  7. roadkill

I’m enjoying it! :) But then again I’m part of a great community. I’m also not an asshole who complains about every fucking game..

#7 1 year ago
  8. sobie

@4 you obviously are either lower level, or dont participate in living story quests, spvp, wvwvw, dungeons, champ farming zeros, and the list could go on and on and on and on… there is a TON of things to do other than just dailies… you are wasting your time in queens dale…

@5 saying it was ok but boring and most left within 2 months… that is an unfair assumption…. most mmos are horrible their first year as they figure themselves out. As many have mentioned the living story is a small “expansion pack” that comes out EVERY 2 WEEKS. New bosses new dungeons etc. How many mmos would give you a new fully featured dungeon and story line to go with it every 2 weeks… for free? As for bosses for raiders… then you are asking for an elitest structure which anet said long before the game was even released that they we’re trying to avoid…. It’s not that the game did something wrong… you failed to understand what the game is.

If they wanted an elitest structure then legendaries wouldnt have the stupidest stats there are…

@6 I am glad your post was positive except the part about missing it and how are you to get excited? My point of view is the opposite… “oh darn i missed this epic event… better make sure to be on for the next one!”

My personal notes… as far as “missing events” I do understand i missed the 1 day event in south sun d/t the crappy server issues… and dont get me wrong we were compensated for that… but i still would have loved to have seen it.

#8 1 year ago