Sony classic coming to current systems, says job ad

Tuesday, 6th August 2013 05:16 GMT By Brenna Hillier

A new job ad posted by HD Collection developer Bluepoint Games suggests another classic Sony property is on the way to modern consoles.

“We are currently bringing a Sony classic to current game systems,” Bluepoint noted in a senior graphics progammer job ad.

The developer was responsible for the God of War Collection and ICO & Shadow of the Colossus Collection for PlayStation 3 and well as the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection for PS3 and Xbox 360.

It also created the engine for PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, which is cross-platform enabled on PS3 and Vita.

Naturally, we have no idea if the ad refers to PS3, PlayStation 4 or Vita, and it’s hard to guess which game from Sony’s truly extensive back catalogue might be getting the re-release treatment.

While you’re busy wondering which classic Sony property might be on the way, ponder the company’s other project – leveraging its technical knowledge for “an industry leading developer” on a “next-gen, blockbuster franchise”. Bluepoint tech used to power more cross-play titles for next-gen franchises? Please say it’s so.

Thanks, Gematsu. PlayStationLifestyle originally spotted this ad, as noted here.

1. ShowUsYourLunch

I would KILL for a Dark Cloud 1-2, DQ VIII HD…

#1 12 months ago
  2. Phoenixblight

Dark Cloud series is very much possible as SOny published those games. Dragon Quest would be through Square so that isn’t possible.

#2 12 months ago
  3. Telepathic.Geometry

Shame, I’d love to have another go at DQ VIII…

#3 12 months ago
  4. jedieagle

Rogue Galaxy maybe? I hope so. I tried playing it recently, but no widescreen option is really annoying.

#4 12 months ago
  5. CaptPierce

I wish they brought Jak X: Combat Racing with the Jak and Daxter HD remake. :( But oh well, bring on the next!

#5 12 months ago
  6. Juicimus Prime Rib

Dark Cloud 1 & 2 would be great. I own the first one. Never got to play the 2nd one though.

#6 12 months ago
  7. KAP

The fact that were all pretty much mentioning the same titles, Sony has done a good job with the HD collections.
    Just clutching at straws now..

#7 12 months ago
  8. salarta

Legend of Dragoon

#8 12 months ago
  9. redwood

so what are they gonna call these HD ports of ps2 games when they port them to Ps4 ? FULL HD?

#9 12 months ago
  10. Joe Musashi

I wouldn’t say no to some Fantavision, but it’s hardly a classic.

Parappa, maybe?

JM

#10 12 months ago
  11. orakaa

Oh yeah… Dragon Quest VIII and Rogue Galaxy HD ports would be soooo sweet. I’d buy those day one

#11 12 months ago
  12. fihar

Current game systems implies that it’s coming to 360 as well doesn’t it?
    As much as I’d love to jump into Dark Cloud 2 once again, I doubt this is the game/series in question.
    I’m hoping that it’s Onimusha.

Then again, he might be implying that it’s coming to the PS3 and the Vita, in which case you could ignore everything I say.

#12 12 months ago
  13. deathm00n

The only classics I want back is Spyro or Crash. Those made my childhood awesome. And Activision destroyed my childhood after they bought these two IPs…

#13 12 months ago
  14. Osric

I would love to have Fatal Frame I, III and III: The Tormented perfectly ported to current-gen systems (with that I mean 360 and PS3). A PC version would KILL ASS too of course, I always thought those three games would play so beautiful on PC.

Haunting Ground would be amazing too. That game was gorgeous. I wouldn’t care buying a single blu-ray disc for that one with full HD models, textures, cutscenes, menus, etc.

PS: Bluepoint games REALLY NEED to polish their games a little more. God of War had awful and obvious mistakes, MGS HD Collection is full of clumsy little bugs… The only one 10/10 ported is Ico & Shadow of the Colossus.

#14 12 months ago
  15. dizzygear

@14 Sorry but Fatal Frame/Project Zero is owned by Nintendo and Haunting Ground is owned by Crapcom.

#15 12 months ago
  16. Clupula

@15 – Partially owned by Nintendo. Still mostly owned by Tecmo-Koei, but they still have to get Nintendo’s permission for any new titles.

The old titles, however, are in the process of being released as PS2 classics on the Playstation Network.

#16 12 months ago
  17. Clupula

@12 – Not really. If they’re saying a Sony classic, chances are that it’s going to be a first party title, in which case there wouldn’t be a 360 version.

#17 12 months ago
  18. SlayerGT

Tourist Trophy please.

#18 12 months ago
  19. OlderGamer

I would enjoy a revamped Destruction Derby game. And, I know it is PS2, but a redo of Champions of Norath I and II.

#19 12 months ago
  20. ChunkyLover112

If these games didn’t sell the first time they won’t sell now. Stop re-publishing your crap, $ony! Nobody wants them!

#20 12 months ago
  21. YoungZer0

@8: /thread. That’s the definition of a hidden gem.

#21 12 months ago