PlayStation 4 keynote to grace Tokyo Game Show

Sunday, 4th August 2013 23:33 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Sony will resume its regular role as Tokyo Game Show keynote host with an opening presentation focused on the PlayStation 4.

Although its not clear whether the PlayStation 4 session will be the main, opening keynote of the show, Gematsu reports it will be held on September 19, the first day the event is open to trade and press.

Called “The World PlayStation 4 Creates”, the showcase will be presented by SCE president and group CEO Andrew House, senior vice president Masayasu Ito, and Sony Worldwide Studios president Shuhei Yoshida.

TGS runs September 19 to 22 in Chiba. It’s likely to be the PlayStation 4′s last major Japanese consumer show ahead of release, which is expected at the end of the year. The PS4 will also grace gamescom in August and Eurogamer Expo later in September.

Thanks, Dragon246.

1. MCTJim

and from what I have read around the net..based on leaks and rumors, so the NDA’s are expired. Then we will know more

#1 1 year ago
  2. DrDamn

Eh?

#2 1 year ago
  3. Aullah

Whats up with Deep Down?

#3 1 year ago
  4. Di3goTiroC3rto

@3 They released a teaser last week

#4 1 year ago
  5. Aullah

@4 Ahh.. my bad…

#5 1 year ago
  6. Tyrantsoul

@3 I think they revealed some info on Deep Down last week.If I remember right it’s a only RPG.I hope it’s at least somewhat similar to Dragon’s Dogma.

#6 1 year ago
  7. SlayerGT

@6 I’ve got my money on a spiritual successor to Dragon’s Dogma with four player co op..since the lore doesn’t facilitate mp in Dragon’s Dogma. At the very least the Deep Down engine to be used for Dragon’s Dogma 2. That fire video showed, clearly, the old fire from Dragon’s Dogma vs the “fluid fire”. Either way..excited :)

#7 1 year ago
  8. Dragon246

@7,
    Its probably just a discussion. The announcements will probably be made in TGS conference.
    I am expecting PS4 Vita 50-50, since handhelds are much bigger in Japan, plus PS4 wont launch this year in Japan.

#8 1 year ago