Rocksmith 2014 Edition will be “a fully responsive personal teacher,” says Ubisoft

Saturday, 3rd August 2013 22:27 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Rocksmith 2014 Edition will have an expanded Lesson system which will do more than just identify your mistakes, according to Ubisoft.

This time around, Lesson will offer a solution to each player’s unique mistake.

“In Rocksmith 2014, Lessons will be much, much more dynamic and responsive: now we’re not just telling you that you made a mistake; we’ll tell you what the mistake is and how you should adjust to correct it,” wrote senior community developer Michael Madavi on the Ubisoft Blog.

“Trying to learn how to bend but not moving your note high enough? Rocksmith 2014 will let you know. Sliding one fret back from where you need to hit? Rocksmith will tell you specifically that’s what went wrong. Beyond that, if Rocksmith senses that you’re having trouble with a particular technique, it will pull you out of the interactive portion of the lesson and give you further instructions – this time with additional camera angles and tips.’

Madavi goes on to say Rocksmith has “grown to become a fully responsive personal teacher,” and has triple the number of lesson videos compared to the first game, and the team has also expanded the techniques to hit everything from the basics of “strapping up, plugging in and tuning, to way more advanced techniques like tapping.”

“Lessons are just one part of Rocksmith that has been seriously improved and re-worked in Rocksmith 2014,” he continued. “In the weeks to come we’ll be releasing more details on gameplay, features and more.”

Rocksmith 2014 Edition was announced E3 2013 and is slated for release on October 18 – which gives me plenty of time to find a guitar.

1. Un-HolyMOTHERofGOD

I think I will pick this up day one. I’ve been wanting to know how to play the guitar since I was thirteen but never got around to due to my debilitating laziness. But now that I’m getting older it’s time I learn.

#1 9 months ago
  2. TD_Monstrous69

Definitely want 2 give this a try. Looks far more refined than what Rockband 3 was trying.

#2 9 months ago
  3. fihar

I don’t think Rocksmith is the perfect choice for someone who’s starting from scratch.

#3 9 months ago
  4. sh4dow

And also not somebody who can already play the guitar a bit.
    I HATE the fact that songs scale to your skill, with notes being left out and the songs sometimes sounding a bit odd as a result.
    I thought that it would simply throw songs of increasing difficulty at you (which I would have loved because that way, I could’ve discovered new songs that fit my level), instead of scaling songs of what seems a bit like random difficulty to your skills.

#4 9 months ago
  5. Keivz

They added the option of adjusting the song difficulty/scaling early last year… though it only works in riff repeater IIRC. Though I like the idea of introducing songs at increasing difficulty. As far as I know, the song difficulty isn’t ranked in game which is lame. And to top it off, the song selection was subpar, for the most part–lacking acoustic songs, and songs that sounded good on their own.

#5 9 months ago
  6. pukem0n

i wanted to get back into playing for years now, in which my Les Paul just collected dust, sadly.

seems like the perfect opportunity to get started again :)

#6 9 months ago
  7. sh4dow

Yeah but having it just in the riff repeater doesn’t cut it IMO. It takes waaaaay too many steps to get in there and then adjust the speed and difficulty.
    Which reminds me… that annoying tuning check before EVERY damn song! For crying out loud, even when I practiced 3-4 hours a week, I only had to tune my guitar maybe once a month! They should at least give the user the OPTION to disable that.

As for acoustic songs… why would they have those, considering you play on an electric guitar?
    But I did hope there would be some instrumental songs in there though (have only played a couple so far). I do enjoy the sound of most of those challenges tunes.

#7 9 months ago
  8. deathm00n

@3 I disagree completely. I’ve picked it up without knowing anything and now I can play some of the songs at master mode. If you dedicate enough time to it, you can learn guitar this game without problems.

#8 9 months ago
  9. fuchikoma

Great… Now maybe it’ll let you choose “retry” 2 or 3 times in a row without going to an infinite loading screen and crashing. Or play a song in a reasonably large venue without crippling framerate issues. I love the design of Rocksmith, and the idea is brilliant, but it’s broken. Not even functional, broken. When you ask for support, they basically tell you “sorry, there’s no solution – closing ticket.” So why should I buy the sequel to software that doesn’t even work? Goddammit, Ubi… Going so far as to get original studio tracks, but not even bothering to alpha test…

#9 9 months ago