Dragon’s Crown shifts over 300,000 physical and digital units on PS3, Vita combined in Japan

Friday, 2nd August 2013 14:11 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Dragon’s Crown has shifted over 300,000 physical and digital units on PS3 and Vita combined in Japan, according to Atlus’ parent company, Index Corporation.

The Vanillaware RPG debuted in Japan last week on July 25,at the very end of the Media Create reporting period, and within three days moved 104,359 units on PS3 and 71,083 on Vita. Combined, the title moved 175,442 units.

Dragon’s Crown releases next week in North America on August 6, and Europe will get it later this year. Review scores are through here.

Via NeoGAF; thanks, LegendaryBoss.

1. FeaturePreacher

Here’s to hoping the US and Europe can push that past a million or 2 million.

#1 1 year ago
  2. Dragon246

Congrats to them. Biggest Vanillaware success ever with money made back in only a few days, with a budget of only 1 million.
    Also, easily shows how much Vita games sell digitally.
    Good thing is that the game has good legs.
    :P

#2 1 year ago
  3. OrbitMonkey

I’m sure the frenzied outrage over teh boobies helped raise this games profile.

Congrats White Knights :)

#3 1 year ago
  4. Dragon246

@3,
    You bet :P

Actually, not really. These are Japan only numbers.

#4 1 year ago
  5. Sini

out of 10. Victory assured.

#5 1 year ago
  6. Clupula

I hope this game is a huge success, to be quite honest.

#6 1 year ago
  7. Youcantflimflamthezimzam

Fake internet feminists and the losers that agree with them can eat the corn out of my stool.

Get your goddamn henpecking hypo-agency out of my goddamn vidya.

#7 12 months ago
  8. Vice

Can’t play the game, since I don’t have neither ps3 or vita, but if I did, it’d be a day one. Incredible artwork, fantastic design and yes, Sorceress is simply, for the lack of better words, AWESOME. This is how female characters should look like. I wish them huge success and even bigger sales.

#8 12 months ago
  9. manamana

Any idea when it’s coming out in Europe? I can buy the US import version but then, since I don’t have an US account, what if DLCs coming out? And I don’t want to do a fake account.

#9 12 months ago