GTA 5 gun combat compared to Max Payne 3 in side-by-side video

Tuesday, 30th July 2013 11:20 GMT By Dave Cook

Grand Theft Auto 5′s gun combat seems to have taken a leaf out of Max Payne 3′s blood-soaked book. An intrepid YouTuber has compared footage from both games to try and show the similarities. Watch it here.

What do you think? Thanks to datarace1 for the clip.

Want more GTA 5? We’ve got over 20 new screens right here.

Thanks CVG.

1. Moonwalker1982

As previews had said too, the gun combat is a lot like MP3 and that is a very good thing. Its awesome in that game.

#1 9 months ago
  2. rbevanx

No longer interested in the game then, hated Max Payne 3 was hoping for something more in tone of Red Dead Redemption.

#2 9 months ago
  3. Lengendaryboss

Interesting i see it borrows something from all Rockstar games.

#3 9 months ago
  4. MadFlavour

Max Payne was bobo.

So…

#4 9 months ago
  5. Hcw87

Makes no sense. When it comes to 3rd person shooting mechanics, Max Payne 3 had one of the best implementations ever.

Also, Max Payne and GTA is two very different games.

#5 9 months ago
  6. Ristas

Awesome.

I find it pretty fascinating that GTA 4 and Red Dead Redemption managed to be such great games, even though the shooting sucked in both of them….in one you just had to use auto-aim, in the other you used auto-aim PLUS slow-mo.

Happy to see they decided to finally make the shooting itself fun.

#6 9 months ago
  7. DiodeX

The shooting mechanic was hideous in GTA 4, I’m playing it on the PC and I thought it may work with a mouse?KB but I just plugged in my pad.
    MP3 worked really well, but nothing as good as GoW.

#7 9 months ago
  8. Kieran

max payne 3 was brilliant i thought i loved the dialogue but the story wasnt as tight as the first two but i missed new yorks atmosphere the most

#8 9 months ago
  9. DiodeX

@9, yeah, the NY bits were real Max in MP3, loved them.

#9 9 months ago
  10. povu

I didn’t like Max Payne 3 at all, too many cutscenes and scripted actions, and I didn’t like the story itself. But the shooting was great, so this is good.

#10 9 months ago
  11. xxJPRACERxx

I’m playing RDR Undead Nightmare right now, after maybe a break of one year of RDR. Damn the control is clunky!

Good news!

#11 9 months ago
  12. Erthazus

Shooting mechanics were the best in Max Payne 3. It’s the only thing that was done right. This system is GTA V will be amazing.

#12 9 months ago