Mad Max: original actor’s brother offers voice talent

Thursday, 25th July 2013 06:45 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Donal Gibson, brother to the man who portrayed the eponymous hero, has offered his services as voice actor for Mad Max.

Gibson, who is less well known than his actor and filmmaker brother Mel, got in touch with Ausgamers to make his interest known; the site was the first to call for an Australian actor in the role, a petition which was successful.

Gibson was joined by Urban Legend director Jamie Blanks in putting him forward for the role.

The actor supplied a pretty impressive demo, which you can hear on Ausgamers; it certainly does sound very close to the film’s version of the character.

If you like what you hear, you can let Avalanche Studios know on its Facebook page or via Twitter.

Mad Max is currently in alpha; we’re expecting it on PC, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One in 2014.

1. Aullah

It sounds cool.
    I never saw any mad max movies btw… I need to watch them before this comes out.

#1 1 year ago
  2. Edo

@1 Smh….

#2 1 year ago
  3. KineticCalvaria

Sounds pretty good to me, can’t really remember the movies that much though.

#3 1 year ago
  4. Un-HolyMOTHERofGOD

I haven’t seen them either. I’ve heard there’s a few of them, which is the best one to watch? Might as well find out why so many people made a big deal about his accent.

#4 1 year ago
  5. KaosGoneRogue

@ 4, best to watch Mad Max and Road Warrior, both are as equally as good & recommend skipping ThunderDome,just a sad ending to a great Australian icon. & Donal sounds great so I’m pumped for this game, fingers crossed x)

#5 1 year ago
  6. VibraniumSpork

Donal Gibson: all the best bits of Mel, none of the race hate. And his fee probably contains a few less zeroes…

#6 1 year ago